New toys

Started by Big Gazza, 03 August 2018, 10:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Gazza

Well, as I'm on holiday from work I'm making good progress on my AWI British, to the point I'm thinking about my next project, the question is what?? I'm keen to do a period/army Ive never covered before and have narrowed it down to a few I really like the look of.

Fantasy hill dwarves - warband
Romans - unsure on rules
ACW confederacy - black powder

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hill Dwarves will be the cheapest and quickest.
Romans can go as big as you like tbh. Just a matter of finding a riles set you like.
ACW, pick a theatre and build from there.

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The Romans certainly riled a few people in their time. I'm working towards To the Strongest with my Romans. Re. ACW I particularly enjoy the oft neglected Western Theatre.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

barbarian

I think I'd love To the Strongest from the few videos I've seen. My only concern : no dice !!! What kind of heresy is this ?

I love the Late Roman range (as I suspect many of us here). But I don't really fancy the Sassanids. Maybe I should look for painted pictures.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

Quote from: barbarian on 03 August 2018, 01:00:44 PM
I think I'd love To the Strongest from the few videos I've seen. My only concern : no dice !!! What kind of heresy is this ?

I love the Late Roman range (as I suspect many of us here). But I don't really fancy the Sassanids. Maybe I should look for painted pictures.

You can use numbered chits or d10s instead of cards, if you want to, but if you are as bad at rolling dice as I am you'd be glad of the switch to cards!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leman

10mm Sassanids - mix of Pendraken and Magister Militum

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Big Gazza

I'm really swaying towards the dwarves and an opposing force (not sure which yet) and a copy of warband. I really enjoy painting as it relaxes me and helps me deal with certain issues. I don't get to my local club much so the odd game with my son or solo games are the norm. Are the warband rules solo friendly???

andys

Skeletons are quick and simple to paint.

Big Gazza

My lad fancies a wood elf force but for when he isn't around ( which is quite often) are the rules good for solo games?

JimLeCat

You could do what I'm doing, and paint late Romans as dragon men for Warband...