MiniHammer (Warhammer In 10mm) Empire Project

Started by Paul.B, 03 August 2018, 02:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul.B

Quote from: mmcv on 18 March 2019, 08:13:42 AM
Glad the guide helped! Those look great, really grungy and full of character!

Thanks! And thank you for the guide, really pleased to finally get these up properly! :D

Quote from: Techno on 18 March 2019, 06:51:51 AM
Storming !!  :-bd

Terrific work, Paul !

Cheers - Phil

Thanks Phil

Quote from: mad lemmey on 18 March 2019, 06:49:32 AM
Very nice work

Thanks lemmey! :D

Quote from: lowlylowlycook on 18 March 2019, 12:31:37 AM
It's Warhammer.  The artillery's wheels are as likely to be eaten by Skaven as to last long enough to wear out!

Both the painting and the photography are really top notch!

;D Thanks! Yeah my photography can be a bit hit and miss sometimes but I do find 10mm the hardest to shoot, glad they turned out ok.

Quote from: paulr on 17 March 2019, 11:28:59 PM
Can see them

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Good news! Cheers

Quote from: Ithoriel on 17 March 2019, 11:17:39 PM
Stunning stuff! Very impressed with that.

Thank you! :D

Quote from: Westmarcher on 17 March 2019, 11:29:45 PM
These close ups are great!

... except (sorry to be a party pooper but it's a common error) you have still to paint the rims of the wheels on the gun carriages a metallic colour to represent steel or iron rims. If you think about it, given the weight of the artillery pieces the carriages are carrying and the state of contemporary road surfaces, bare wood rims would soon be smashed to pieces and if they had the technology to put iron hoops on barrels, they would have had the technology to put iron hoops on wheels.  Otherwise, grand painting job! Hope my honesty did not offend. :-bd  

Not offended at all and thank you for the information, admittedly that was a gap in my knowledge :D. I will likely give the rims a bit of metallic paint at some point.

Here's another shot of the artillery base from a distance:

A new base of 50 men for the Golden Company (names of the companies are just colour-based placeholders until I think of something better):

The banner is blank until I can make up my mind what kind of design to paint on there.

My understanding is a company is typically 100 men but unit cap in the rules is 50, so in my mind two bases of 50 make up a company, however, I'm not really sure what to call a base - a band? a platoon? a half-company?

Admittedly I've since considered that I don't have to have 100 halberdiers to a company, could be 50 halberdiers, 40 arquebusiers, and 10 artillerymen, for example.

The two units together:

Crimson Company base of 50 halberds:

Black Company base of 50 halberds:

Army shot:

I have another base of 50 halberdiers basecoated which I'll probably do in a black livery variant, plus two or three more organ guns. Next plans are to order some handgunners and I have the beginnings of a "Greatswords" unit (foot knights, basically, and not just with 2h swords, but other large melee weapons like hammers and axes too). Unfortunately I'm in a situation where I won't be able to expand the project for a wee bit, but hopefully things will change in the next few months.

Cheers!

Techno

Very, very nice indeed, Paul !. :).

I love the use of the 'plain' colours.....they work exceptionally well.  :-bd
Very evocative. =D>

Cheers - Phil

Matt J

lovely stuff, very much 'Old world' (the world that was  :()

Cheers

Matt
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Paul.B

Quote from: Matt J on 18 March 2019, 02:35:51 PM
lovely stuff, very much 'Old world' (the world that was  :()

Cheers

Matt

Thanks Matt, glad to hear it has that feel to it.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 18 March 2019, 07:07:35 PM
Brilliant

thanks lemmey :)

Quote from: Fenton on 18 March 2019, 07:11:26 PM
I missed this thread somehow. Looks great

Cheers!

Quote from: paulr on 18 March 2019, 08:09:17 PM
:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

:D

Quote from: Techno on 18 March 2019, 02:29:27 PM
Very, very nice indeed, Paul !. :).

I love the use of the 'plain' colours.....they work exceptionally well.  :-bd
Very evocative. =D>

Cheers - Phil

Thank you Phil, yes I'm rather enjoying using a lot of neutral tones with spot colours across my painting in all scales just lately.

So I've finished another base of black-clad Halberdiers, the last of my current lot (please excuse the single stray cat hair :():

I've also re-done the flags for all my existing bases:

I've also made a few casualty markers, one for each base. With the men being based in pairs, I only need these if I take an odd number of casualties. The ones for the black livery units are yet to be painted.

Lastly, I've put together an Empire Engineer who can be attached to artillery units; I've also made his own dugout tile to enable him to join the battery base more neatly. All done with magnets.

Techno

Great job, once again, Paul.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

d_Guy

Very, very nice, continue to enjoy the look you are creating. The engineer is brilliant.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Noktu

Looking great!

Out of curiosity, which other codes you used, other than the late medieval ones for the infantry? There seems to be an aweful lot of cool poses I've never seen before.

Cheers!

Techno

Can't say for sure....But could they be some of the 'extras'/conversions I sculpted for a 'Flodden project', a couple (?) of years ago ?  :-\

Cheers - Phil