MiniHammer (Warhammer In 10mm) Empire Project

Started by Paul.B, 03 August 2018, 02:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul.B

Quote from: Shutuphippie on 05 August 2018, 09:42:56 PM
Welcome dude.

I love the mass effects of the units you have painted - looking forward to seeing images of the whole army when you are done
Quote from: mad lemmey on 05 August 2018, 10:56:23 PM
Great gun
Quote from: fred. on 05 August 2018, 09:30:34 PM
Only just catching up on the forum - so probably only going to echo what's already been said!

The units look really good, its great to see a different style / approach to painting wargames figures. And you are going for nice big units, which always look good too. I like the variety of figures you have used too, which is probably needed to get the Warhammer Empire style going.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks guys!  :D

Noktu

Great job on these miniatures, it really captures the grimdark feel and look of the WHFB universe. The painting quality is superb on a regimental scale, as the whole unit fits together. Just shows what a good wash on accurately basepainted miniatures can do, are you adding any highlighting after the wash?

Looking forward to see more of your creations and especially curious to see heroes hit the battlefield!

Paul.B

23 December 2018, 08:21:05 PM #32 Last Edit: 23 December 2018, 08:23:48 PM by Paul.B
Quote from: Noktu on 21 August 2018, 08:15:14 PM
Great job on these miniatures, it really captures the grimdark feel and look of the WHFB universe. The painting quality is superb on a regimental scale, as the whole unit fits together. Just shows what a good wash on accurately basepainted miniatures can do, are you adding any highlighting after the wash?

Looking forward to see more of your creations and especially curious to see heroes hit the battlefield!

Hey thanks for this, sorry I didn't respond sooner have been absent from the forums for a while! Glad the minis and painting are hitting all the right notes, it's really rewarding to hear the look I'm trying to convey is coming across loud and clear!

In terms of highlighting after the washes, all I can say is it varies depending on the colour/surface, metals for example I tend to finish with a final shiny silver highlight. Similarly for pale off-white, beige, grey and sepia tones I tend to do the same sort of thing.

This project has taken a back seat for a while but I'm back at it now. I've repainted some of the halberd hafts for the units already seen, as well as finishing the first unit of the Black Company and a battery of Golden Company Great Cannons.

Currently working on two more halberdier units, one each for the Black Company and Gold Company.

Without further ado, the cannons to start:

Infantry of the Crimson, Black, and Golden companies respectively:

I find taking good photos of minis tough generally but 10mm really takes the biscuit!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Very Blanche-esq colour schemes, like those.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

No images showing for me I'm afraid (possibly due to using Firefox given that Google Chrome was playing silly buggers :()

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ithoriel

23 December 2018, 10:13:05 PM #37 Last Edit: 23 December 2018, 10:19:45 PM by Ithoriel
Those aren't standard image links so I'm guessing you need whatever they were created by to see them.

Paul.B are you linking the page they are on rather than the image? You need to view the image itself and link that.

In Firefox I'd right click the image on a page, do View Image then right click the new version of the image and click Copy Image Location. Normally it will be a filename with a jpg or png extension these days.

No idea if that helps any!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Paul.B

Quote from: Steve J on 23 December 2018, 09:43:26 PM
No images showing for me I'm afraid (possibly due to using Firefox given that Google Chrome was playing silly buggers :()

Oh dear, that's annoying that some people can see them and others cannot. I tried using the images from my Google Photos with a direct link as I've got rather fed up of the drawn out process of uploading and linking via Flickr. If I view the page in Incognito mode I can't see the images either. Anyone know what the problem is? Alternatively anyone know another image hosting site that's really simple to use?

paulr

I can see some of them, first one gives error picture, rest of the artillery is fine

I've had a look and can't see any significant differences in how the links are done

Is there any chance some of the pictures have been moved?

Couldn't see most of the infantry before posting this, can now see all of them :-/
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

kipt

Steve J

Still nothing, even trying the right click option :(. All I get is a grey no entry sign image.

Fenton

I can see the pictures on the first page but not the third. I am getting a message that my connection isn't secure on this page. Not sure  if that makes a difference
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Techno

I can't see anything on page 3, either.....Though I think (HAH !) it was there, for me, before.
Firefox for me, too.

Cheers - Phil

Leman

I can see lots and lots of blue squares with question marks.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!