Create your own typical TMP topic heading!

Started by FierceKitty, 02 August 2018, 01:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

My offering:

South Illinois Professor claims Achaemenid Persians were not Muslims.

Let's see some more. (smile)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

One for Leon to remove :

How's your underwear ?

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Shedman

What are the best figures for <insert period> in <insert scale>

On a serious note what was once a "go to" site for news, views and informed comment has become a parody  - tango reposts, inane debate posts from the editors, irrelevant poll results and non-gaming related ultra-modern subjects

Ithoriel

Quote from: Shedman on 02 August 2018, 10:24:09 PM

Followed by two pages of why <insert scale> is completely wrong for <insert period> and why <insert different scale> is far better.

Then a fourteen page argument to the death on what EXACT colour <insert totally off topic item> was.

Other fora (this one included) seem to do this with more brevity and civility.

For me TMP has become more noise than signal - which is a pity.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

SV52

Quote from: ianrs54 on 02 August 2018, 01:38:12 PM
One for Leon to remove :

How's your underwear ?

IanS

Some questoinable phrasing there  :-[
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Dr Dave

Why not ask for some general advice on any wargames related topic, uniforms or colours of anything.

Eventually it will devolve down into:
"you should know this"
"Why don't you know this?"
And finally
"How dare you pester us with such trivialities".

I made the dreadful faux pas once of asking about basing tanks....  never ask that question.

barbarian

Your first mistake was not to ask the question but first and foremost to post on TMP.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dr Dave

I do recall stumbling across the page introducing their new editors / moderators. I had to shut it quickly in case the wife thought I had visited some oriental bride  site.   :o

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Shedman on 02 August 2018, 10:24:09 PM

On a serious note what was once a "go to" site for news, views and informed comment has become a parody  - tango reposts, inane debate posts from the editors, irrelevant poll results and non-gaming related ultra-modern subjects

At least 2 decades ago my job involved international travel.
I met a few TMP gamers during my downtime, even participated in the occasional game.
Those friendships are still going strong.

Today, I fear I'd turn up at the "Gaming club" and be the only one not sporting a pointy white hood.

Leman

Has Trump become a wargamer now? .........or is the club located somewhere in Spain?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Leman on 05 August 2018, 01:13:32 PM
Has Trump become a wargamer now? .........or is the club located somewhere in Spain?

I can't imagine a guy with his attention span taking to our hobby, besides, he now has real toys to play with.

I'll offer an alternative:

A generation of GW Fanboyz have grown a few years.
They've discarded their love for slack jawed green nihilist tribes, and hitched their wagon to a slack jawed orange nihilist warlord.

Alternative 2: A bunch of wannabe trolls who ought to get out more have found a subject that they won't get dawghoused for.

steve_holmes_11

Today's TMP charm offensive:

Inspired by some recent events, I started wondering about that...

So, imagine a French president who suddenly converts to Islam (!) and is supported by French Islamist gangs in the streets.

And, imagine a supernationalist US president who is willing to "save the French republic" with a strike at Paris, using US NATO forces.

"Recent events" is about as specific as a presidential tweet, but the usual suspects will get their dose of warm bigotry.

In other threads they mutter about growing the hobby, and bemoan that nobody wants to play with them.

Norm

As a thread, this is not going to end well and I doubt is something that Pendraken will appreciate.

d_Guy

You are likely correct, Norm. On the other hand it's like running a Commodore 64 emulator on a Cray.
Sleep with clean hands ...