Greetings from Oz

Started by Hanover Rex, 01 August 2018, 11:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Quote from: Orcs on 01 August 2018, 05:08:51 PM
My sister-in -Law live in Sydney. ...  Never seen so much attractive female flesh covered wit so little -

That's dangerous ground.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 01 August 2018, 05:22:45 PM
That's dangerous ground.

Yep, but "If your not living on the edge - You're taking up to much space"
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

d_Guy

Welcome to the Forum, George. The First Persian War is one of my favorites.  ;)
Sleep with clean hands ...

Leman

Welcome to the forum old chap. I'm sure you will enjoy the wizard wheezes and jolly japes associated with this erudite company.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hanover Rex

Quote from: Westmarcher on 01 August 2018, 12:41:47 PM
Welcome to the forum, George. What part of Oz do you come from and what rules do they play for FPW in your neck of the woods  .. bush?  :)

G'day Westmarcher (and all the crew)

Currently live on the South Coast of NSW, so roughly a couple of hours South of Sydney if that helps?

I have the '1870' rules by Bruce Weigle but have not played them as yet, have been using the book more as a resource.

Gaming-wise, down this part of the 'bush' we use a set of home-grown quick play rules which fit one sheet of A4 paper. Rules are optimised for Army level games ie. multi Corps on each side. That said, the basing style is also compatible with the 1870 rules, so have the option to game the period with a 'proper' set of rules also!

Will try and get some photos up shortly of progress so far.

Have visited the forum a few times in the past. A mate sent me a link to the posts that Javier Gomez (??) put up of his FPW stuff a while ago, completely blew me away and was the clincher to have a crack at 10mm, ... and also to get into FPW. I'm also a fan of Napoleonics and ACW, so have the best of both worlds with FPW!

Almost all of my previous gaming has been in 15mm, but am really enjoying painting up the 10mm stuff, an absolute joy to work with. Pity I bought so much though, seems like I'm getting nowhere fast even though I'm churning out fully painted & based units in a fraction of the time it took me in 15mm!!

Appreciate the warnings on the 'quality' of company on the Forum, as mentioned, have dropped bye previously a few times so know most of the usual suspects,... and their idiosyncrasies! ;)

Thanks again for the warm welcome and looking forward to the banter.  8)

Cheers

G

Leman

And be sure to pay for your plastic bags you planetary despoilers!  >:(
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!