A Project of a Different Sort

Started by Terry37, 29 July 2018, 04:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Brilliant work Terry and I'm sure Nick will be happy with it; I would.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Friends, Project X is finished. I did the final bits today and will share pictures of it tomorrow. I had great fun working on it and working through the problems and challenges, and am truly anxious to send it to Nick. He is in Germany until next week so I will mail it Friday or Saturday probably. Now I can only pray it arrives safely (I'm going to double box it).

There are so many little details that are put into it that I am sure many will go unnoticed,  but that's OK as  I just want  Nick to be happy with it. I'am pleased with the results or I wouldn't be sending it to anyone!

My very sincere thnaks to all of you who have supported me with this and made such nice comments. It truly helps one stay focused. THANK YOU

I will share any response I receive form Nick.

Sincerely,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

It has been a joy to share in this labour of love. Many thanks for sharing it with us.
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Gentlemen, this will be the last planned post by me on this project, which I have officially named "Project X". I will be packing it up and shipping it off to Nick either tomorrow or Saturday. I am going to double box it with plenty of padding to hopefully get it there in one piece.

Here is an assortment of pictures of the finished project. There is a lot of detail and I know a lot of it will be missed unless you are the one who created it. But some things to look for are: the Florida license plate on the rear hatch of the car, the broken water line coming out into the toxic pond on the right side, the broken car taillight lens glass, the purple mutant plant growing out of a hole in the floor of the library to name a few.

Again, I want to thank everyone for their interest, very kind remarks and on going support. Makes a person feel good about what he is doing!

On to the next project!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

fred.

Cracking work Terry. It's really good to see it all come together. I'd forgotten all the detail of the building interior with the recent focus on the car.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Terry, a masterpiece. Completely brilliant.
(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Stunning

Often close up photography reveals flaws or things that could have been done better. For this project it reveals layer upon layer of fascinating detail immaculately executed
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Phenomenal work Terry!

A tremendous amount of wonderfully executed detail there.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Love all the details that show up in the pictures from various angles. Evocative and breathtaking work, Terry.
Even with all the details, my favorite photo is the one backgrounded by the books, completes the story.  <)  =D>
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Womble67

Wow that looks amazing

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Techno

It really is excellent, Terry !!

I'm MOST impressed !! :-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Terry37

Thank you gentlemen, I'll let you know what I hear back form Nick after he's gotten it.

Terry

Steve J

Wow! You've crammed so much detail into this diorama, which is incredible. Well done you and look forward to hearing about Nick's response.

Terry37

You all had asked to let you know what Nick's reaction was to the model. Needless to say he was pleased. He made a brief  video sharing it with fans.

From his friend Nathan who was there when he opened he box - "He opened the package.   I was there.  He is pretty overwhelmed. Speechless. That is awesome!   It's beautiful.   He couldn't wait to put it on his desk."

From Nick - " Terry, this is so cool! Thank you for sharing your talents with me, and with the team."

From Nick's wife, Maria - "hank you for the cool addition to Nicks office! One of the most personal and special gifts he has ever received. "

Plus a great number of nice comments from fans after seeing the video.

Responses like these make it all worth doing!

Terry