A Project of a Different Sort

Started by Terry37, 29 July 2018, 04:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Wow!! Looking excellent Terry. The last few bits really make the blend between the 3D and 2D seamless.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

18 August 2018, 05:30:07 PM #62 Last Edit: 18 August 2018, 05:36:41 PM by Terry37
Again, my thanks all. The injury is fine as it's not that deep - just annoying!!! (Big Sissy!!!) Here's an update with the beams installed, the threshold, and some additional dirt on some new horizontal surfaces.

Next will probably install the doors, which I think will add a lot.

More to follow,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Argh!!! Went to install the doors and discovered my measurements were off 4 MM too long!!!! Yep, had to shorten the doors and the inside panel in the lower section and make a new strip across the bottom!!! Oh well, if it was too easy why bother! So instead of getting to install the doors I am waiting on the modified doors to dry from the new weathering to the new areas. Have to admit I think the doors look better though. By the way, the windows on the library I took from the ones at my local library - large single panes of glass in a rubbed bronze framing.

I also weathered a fallen beam to go on he left side,and still need to do one more, but not sure yet how it's be arranged.

New pictures shortly,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Look forward to them, Terry !

Cheers - Phil

Terry37

Here's a picture with the doors set in place, but not yet glued. Am pondering if that's how I want them, but suspect I'll be playing around with them for a final decision. Anyway, you can see how it might look.

I'll also probably hold off doing the ground until I finish the car so I can see how it might fit in best. Therefore, my focus will be to create the car wreck now.

More soon,

Terry

Techno

That really is excellent !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

Looking forward to seeing all the ground work done

A slightly impertinent question, will the car distract too much from the two key figures on the steps :-\
Is it described as being there in one of the books?

lowlylowlycook

Ithoriel

Excellent stuff. Such attention to detail!

As to paulr's point - wrecked/ burnt out/ wrecked AND burnt out vehicles are such an iconic element of the post apocalyptic visual it would seem something of a shame not to include one.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

A good point Ithoriel, in part I'm wondering about available space

Terry is much better placed than us to decide

Terry37

Some good conversation here fellows and I thank you for your thoughts. I too wonder if the car might detract, but also agree it screams of a PA setting. Yes, cars are mentioned through all of his PA stories, so that part is not a problem. I'll do the car and then we'll see how it looks. My thinking is to have the tires gone, door open slightly on one side, lots of broken glass, maybe the hood/front end crumpled and the truck slightly askew - and of course other dings and dents and plenty of rust. Oh yeah, maybe slightly buried in some mud, the collected pool of grungy water or under the debris pile from the left side of the building. Lots of options.

I did manage a little more work on the inside even though I sort of thought I was done there. . After I got to looking at it the beams were too irregular looking, so I now have them evenly spaced, or in some cases the remains of them, but it does look better balanced. I also added some fallen beam portions and decided to have the fallen beam on the right resting on a pipe that it bent. The pipe is badly bent and well rusted and gunked. I also started working on the broken glass that will be from the building windows and will start putting it in tomorrow. I also played around with the arrangement of the doors, but still pondering that one. And lastly today I completed the steps where X and Miles are standing so they can be put in place.

Thanks again guys!

Terry

paulr

I'm really enjoying watching this develop :)

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook