A Project of a Different Sort

Started by Terry37, 29 July 2018, 04:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Today was the first day I got to work on the project for a few days - installed the floor and started putting the crashed furniture., and small bits of debris in place. Tomorrow I need to install the loose electrical wiring and some broken glass, do a few paint touch ups and it might be ready to install the front. After that I'll need to put in the threshold, and doors, and then the front steps with X and Miles in place. After that I get to trash the outside and put in some weird plant life!!! It's supposed to be rainy tomorrow but if I can get enough light I'll get a picture or two.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Look forward to seeing a piccy, Terry.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sounds like this next stage I realm going to town Terry, look forwards to seeing the results.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Gentlemen, I was able to get some pictures this morning of the inside. It's mostly done, with a few minor additions, and the bits I can't add until the front is secured in place. But this will give you an idea. The books on the shelves are just nondescript but all of the books lying around are covers of Nick's books.  The fallen beam at the right will have another beam passing under it and partly sticking out the broken window on the right. I plan to have beams going from the front to the back in several places to add to the looks but also to help secure the two walls together.

Here's an overhead close-up.

More to follow,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I really DO like that !

Cheers - Phil

Terry37

Thank you everyone, your comments and support are always helpful. Funny how seeing a picture can let you see what the naked eye cannot. When I looked closely at the pictures I realized the inside was still too "clean and neat"  and the seam line between the back wall and the floor too obvious. The key to using a back wall like that is to create a three dimensional look to it. Anyway, I spent yesterday afternoon adding more trash, a few more holes in the floor and a few new bits of debris. Glad I did too, as it really does look better. I'll try for an updated picture and post it, but it's very overcast here today with lots of rain coming.

More soon, and thnaks again all!

Terry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just a line of grit and rubble along the join will help.

d_Guy

Nicely done! Once it's all put together it will have amazing detail and depth.
(I see you used a photo of my workspace to model the interior).
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Terry37

Lemmey, That's about hat I did, but made it blend out into the available floor space as well. Cut two smaller additional holes in the floor, but smaller, and also tore up the flooring on the right side a bit as it was too clean as well.

Bill, Whew! And I thought that was my hobby area!!!

Just glued the front wall on and have started working a car that I think I am going to add - it's just too much fun making PA wrecked and rusted cars!!!

Terry

Steve J

Terry37

17 August 2018, 11:39:48 PM #57 Last Edit: 17 August 2018, 11:44:21 PM by Terry37
Here are pictures of the inside in it's final stage before I glued the front wall in place. Mostly subtle little changes, but to me necessary.

I've since added the beams between the front and back wall, and have installed the threshold in the doorway. I also stared reshaping the  body of the car I am considering using. I'm using a 15 MM WW2 German VW for the basic vehicle as that's what I have available that I think will work. I also am nursing a left index finger that I cut a chunk out of when the saw slipped on cutting back he trunk area of the VW - OUCH!!!!  (Yeah, a big sissy!!!!) .I'll try for some updated pictures tomorrow.

Terry

Steve J

Ouch! Hope it heals quickly Terry.

Techno

Belting !!  :-bd :-bd :-bd

Been great fun watching this progress !
Hope the finger heals quickly !

Cheers - Phil