A Project of a Different Sort

Started by Terry37, 29 July 2018, 04:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

I really love the way you are tying in the background picture =D> =D> =D>

QuoteThe library table was made to give the bookcases something to lean against as I don't think I want the first one lying flat on the floor....but maybe.
I think it looks much more interesting at an angle
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Thanks Paul, That was a challenge at first, but I wasn't happy with the flat picture back there, so i worked on it. I spent most of this afternoon working on tying them together even more and it looks much better. I'll see about a picture tomorrow showing you.  I think I am ready to glue the back panel in place now. I also worked out the final arrangement of the bits to go inside and may get them put in tomorrow too, but will have to see as we have weekend guests coming.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

That really has come out extremely well, Terry.

Top notch !

Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

Taking into consideration the time, the patience, the care and attention into making such an almighty mess gives me a new respect for my daughters' efforts in their bedrooms before they moved out ...

[Seriously, coming along very nicely, Terry! ]
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Steve J

Terry37

Part of the fun, and sometimes he challenge of post apocalyptic modeling/gaming is that first you sort have to make things nice and pretty looking....and then you get to trash it! I took a couple of pictures earlier this morning to show how the inside is pretty much going to look. Maybe you can see the additional 3D stuff I did to the background. I also did some repainting of the picture to make it look more in like with the rest of the model.

Also, to help visualize the scale/size I took a picture of it with an American penny and a British pound coin. Probably should ahve put the front back on, but you'll still get the idea.

More to follow,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Lovely.....

I'm well impressed ! 8)

(Aha !.... That's where one of the 'X' billion of the now defunct (and 'missing') pound coins has got to.) :D

Cheers - Phil

paulr

lowlylowlycook

Sandinista

That is brilliant, well done

Cheers
Ian

Steve J

That is a very effective back drop 8)

paulr

That is a very effective model, that will look even better when the books are added again :-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

And it is only the backdrop :o :o

FierceKitty

Quote from: Techno on 11 August 2018, 07:20:08 PM
Lovely.....

I'm well impressed ! 8)

(Aha !.... That's where one of the 'X' billion of the now defunct (and 'missing') pound coins has got to.) :D

Cheers - Phil

Called a Maggie back in its day: rough, cold, hard around the edges, much hated, and pretending to be a sovereign.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook