I Had a Big Painting Weekend

Started by bigjackmac, 26 July 2018, 01:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

So, for all you kind souls out there that actually read, enjoy, and respond to my batreps, I greatly appreciate it, and I apologize.  I apologize because I didn't get any gaming in this past weekend.  But don't let that make you think I didn't get anything wargaming accomplished; quite the contrary, actually!  Like many of you, I presume, I have roundabout 8 million different wargaming projects lying around, in various stages of completion, with more pouring in from the mailbox on a regular basis.  This past weekend I was upstairs in the War Room, cleaning up the remnants from my "Tears of the Sun" campaign (over on the Cuba Libre blog) and pondering my next move, when... Well, there's no other way to put it, I was simply overcome with aggravation and frustration at all the crap scattered about.  My initial intent was simply to work on a couple things, then get some games in on Sunday, but once I got some momentum going, I couldn't quit, and so I worked through two whole days of knocking stuff out.

And here's what I (mostly) got done!  Little monkey hands were quite busy playing with Daddy's stuff, but not so much with helping to assemble and paint ;)  To see about a hundred more photos, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2018/07/painting-weekend.html

Man I got a lot done, but still so much more to do.  But don't worry, I'll be playing some games this coming weekend and posting the batreps ASAP, just not sure where I'm headed.  I'm ready to start my Aussies in North Africa, I'm ready to start Blood & Guts in Sicily (to include some armor vs armor games using Treadheads, from my buddy Steve/Wolfhag), I need to finish KG Klink in Fall of France, I want to get back to Cuba Libre in Cronistria for a faux-Market Garden concept I've been thinking on, back to South Leon for my 10mm FFL troops above, back to South Leon for some more 15mm SOF stuff, aaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

V/R,
Jack

paulr

Well done that man =D> =D> =D>

You have been busy :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Coo !

Wottalotta stuff ! :-bd :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Norm

A ton of work - 'copters do look superb in 10mm.

petercooman

Good job jack! The technicals are my favourites!  Nice buildings as well!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Had a chance to have a better look :o
You really have been busy =D> =D> =D>

As an alternative to grass have you considered some rocks?

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

bigjackmac

Hey, thanks everyone, I really appreciate the kind words, just need to play some games now.

Paul, those rocks look pretty damn good, and Lemmey, I've had some success with tufts, but in the overall scheme of things, I figured these guys needed some color, so I went in with the bright grass.

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

bigjackmac

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno

What they said !  :)

Cheers - Phil