Claymore, Edinburgh - Sat 4th August

Started by Leon, 23 July 2018, 11:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

23 July 2018, 11:04:58 PM Last Edit: 24 July 2018, 10:52:45 AM by Leon
Our next show is the excellent Claymore show, taking place in the Granton Campus of Edinburgh College.  Please send any pre-orders through to us by this coming Friday, 27th July to give us time to get them ready for you.

More info on this show can be found on the SESWC club website: https://seswc.co.uk/category/claymore/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

pierre the shy

24 July 2018, 01:41:04 AM #1 Last Edit: 24 July 2018, 01:49:26 AM by pierre the shy
Hope the show goes well....Edinburgh is a great city to visit. While l won't be attending Claymore our local gaming club the Wellington Warlords are holding their annual convention named Call to Arms over the weekend of 4 and 5 August.
Paul and l will be flying the 10mm flag with a largeish AWI game featuring the British attempting to breakout from Yorktown on Saturday and a 1914 game on Sunday with the British IV Corps attempting to hold up the German pursuit of the Belgian army as it retreats towards Dunkirque (yes its 1914 not 1940 ☺). Reports to follow after the games.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Westmarcher

I am in Edinburgh overnight on the Friday so plan to be there.   Having viewed the link, quite fancy seeing some of the games on show:-

https://seswc.co.uk/2018/07/18/claymore-2018-floorplans/

p.s. Website is South East Scotland Wargames Club's (SESWC), of course, Leon (not Falkirk's). :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leon

Quote from: Westmarcher on 24 July 2018, 09:46:36 AM
p.s. Website is South East Scotland Wargames Club's (SESWC), of course, Leon (not Falkirk's). :P

Oops, copy and pasted myself into that one...!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

We will be going to Claymore as we are going down to attend the Edinburgh Tattoo

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Planning to be there myself, health permitting.

Which it had better ... I have goodies to collect from the Pendraken stand. :)

I hope to bump into some of you there!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Womble67 on 24 July 2018, 11:44:45 AM
We will be going to Claymore as we are going down to attend the Edinburgh Tattoo

Take care

Andy

You'll be going 'up' to Claymore and 'up' to the Tattoo if you are coming from Grimsby.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Depends in your orientation, I'm sure our antipodean members would think of it as down or across...

Myself, it would just count as toofaryouwannagetdivorced...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Wulf

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 24 July 2018, 03:42:23 PM
You'll be going 'up' to Claymore and 'up' to the Tattoo if you are coming from Grimsby.
It's always Down to Edinburgh  :(

Nice place to visit, bloody awful to actually get anywhere.

Womble67

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 24 July 2018, 03:42:23 PM

You're certainly right my sense of Direction is absolutely awful if it wasn't for Google Maps I wouldn't travel anyway trust me

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Wulf on 24 July 2018, 04:18:29 PM
It's always Down to Edinburgh  :(

Nice place to visit, bloody awful to actually get anywhere.

Can't agree with that.

I live in Edinburgh.

I travel to about a dozen wargames shows every year and all are within a reasonable distance. The only one I prefer to fly to is Crisis in Antwerp which is a short flight from Edinburgh International airport to Brussels and an even shorter train journey to Antwerp.

Holiday wise I can get to Edinburgh or Glasgow airports in either 40 minutes or 90 minutes and then fly to most European or American airports.

Biggest hassle I've had trying to travel anywhere distant is when our national airline insist I fly to Heathrow first then onto somewhere else flying past my local international airport that I've just come from.

So Edinburgh/Glasgow is well connected to most of the planet.

Ithoriel

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 24 July 2018, 05:04:40 PM
Can't agree with that.

I live in Edinburgh.

I travel to about a dozen wargames shows every year and all are within a reasonable distance. The only one I prefer to fly to is Crisis in Antwerp which is a short flight from Edinburgh International airport to Brussels and an even shorter train journey to Antwerp.

Holiday wise I can get to Edinburgh or Glasgow airports in either 40 minutes or 90 minutes and then fly to most European or American airports.

Biggest hassle I've had trying to travel anywhere distant is when our national airline insist I fly to Heathrow first then onto somewhere else flying past my local international airport that I've just come from.

So Edinburgh/Glasgow is well connected to most of the planet.

Good public transport links both within the city and to parts distant too.

This ends communication from The Edinburgh Tourist Board :D :D :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Ithoriel on 24 July 2018, 01:17:36 PM
Planning to be there myself, health permitting.

Which it had better ... I have goodies to collect from the Pendraken stand. :)

I hope to bump into some of you there!

I plan to be there too.

I have my next CT scan the week before so I'll not be able to offer an update to my health situation. We'll have to talk about yours instead.

PS  Please don't land on me when you fall over.

Steve J

Might be able to attend this next year once our daughter is out of student accommodation and into the rented sector. Completely agree that Edinburgh is a great place to visit.

Ithoriel

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 24 July 2018, 08:44:38 PM
I plan to be there too.

I have my next CT scan the week before so I'll not be able to offer an update to my health situation. We'll have to talk about yours instead.

PS  Please don't land on me when you fall over.

I'll try to ensure the "bumping into" is entirely metaphorical :)