Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
19 January 2021, 11:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've added the first wave of Fantasy Monsters!!
314466 Posts in 18209 Topics by 2277 Members
Latest Member: Chalace
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken News & Info!
| |-+  Shows
| | |-+  Previous Years
| | | |-+  2018 Show Stuff
| | | | |-+  Claymore, Edinburgh - Sat 4th August
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymore, Edinburgh - Sat 4th August  (Read 4544 times)
Leon
Viscount

« on: 23 July 2018, 11:04:58 PM »

Our next show is the excellent Claymore show, taking place in the Granton Campus of Edinburgh College.  Please send any pre-orders through to us by this coming Friday, 27th July to give us time to get them ready for you.

More info on this show can be found on the SESWC club website: https://seswc.co.uk/category/claymore/
« Last Edit: 24 July 2018, 10:52:45 AM by Leon » Logged

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 4200 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
pierre the shy
Colonel

« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2018, 01:41:04 AM »

Hope the show goes well....Edinburgh is a great city to visit. While l won't be attending Claymore our local gaming club the Wellington Warlords are holding their annual convention named Call to Arms over the weekend of 4 and 5 August.
Paul and l will be flying the 10mm flag with a largeish AWI game featuring the British attempting to breakout from Yorktown on Saturday and a 1914 game on Sunday with the British IV Corps attempting to hold up the German pursuit of the Belgian army as it retreats towards Dunkirque (yes its 1914 not 1940 ☺). Reports to follow after the games.
« Last Edit: 24 July 2018, 01:49:26 AM by pierre the shy » Logged

"welcome back to the fight....this time I know our side will win"
Westmarcher
Major General

Sir Oik of Westmarch

« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2018, 09:46:36 AM »

I am in Edinburgh overnight on the Friday so plan to be there.   Having viewed the link, quite fancy seeing some of the games on show:-

https://seswc.co.uk/2018/07/18/claymore-2018-floorplans/

p.s. Website is South East Scotland Wargames Club's (SESWC), of course, Leon (not Falkirk's). Tongue

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2018, 10:53:03 AM »

p.s. Website is South East Scotland Wargames Club's (SESWC), of course, Leon (not Falkirk's). Tongue

Oops, copy and pasted myself into that one...!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 4200 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Womble67
Brigadier

« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2018, 11:44:45 AM »

We will be going to Claymore as we are going down to attend the Edinburgh Tattoo

Take care

Andy

Wargaming in 10mm

10mm Wargaming Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2018, 01:17:36 PM »

Planning to be there myself, health permitting.

Which it had better ... I have goodies to collect from the Pendraken stand. Smiley

I hope to bump into some of you there!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!
jimduncanuk
Colonel

« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2018, 03:42:23 PM »

We will be going to Claymore as we are going down to attend the Edinburgh Tattoo

Take care

Andy

You'll be going 'up' to Claymore and 'up' to the Tattoo if you are coming from Grimsby.

My Ego forbids a signature.
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #7 on: 24 July 2018, 03:57:49 PM »

Depends in your orientation, I'm sure our antipodean members would think of it as down or across...

Myself, it would just count as toofaryouwannagetdivorced...

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Wulf
Colonel

« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2018, 04:18:29 PM »

You'll be going 'up' to Claymore and 'up' to the Tattoo if you are coming from Grimsby.
It's always Down to Edinburgh  Sad

Nice place to visit, bloody awful to actually get anywhere.
Womble67
Brigadier

« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2018, 04:38:13 PM »

You're certainly right my sense of Direction is absolutely awful if it wasn't for Google Maps I wouldn't travel anyway trust me

Take care

Andy

Wargaming in 10mm

10mm Wargaming Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
jimduncanuk
Colonel

« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2018, 05:04:40 PM »

It's always Down to Edinburgh  Sad

Nice place to visit, bloody awful to actually get anywhere.

Can't agree with that.

I live in Edinburgh.

I travel to about a dozen wargames shows every year and all are within a reasonable distance. The only one I prefer to fly to is Crisis in Antwerp which is a short flight from Edinburgh International airport to Brussels and an even shorter train journey to Antwerp.

Holiday wise I can get to Edinburgh or Glasgow airports in either 40 minutes or 90 minutes and then fly to most European or American airports.

Biggest hassle I've had trying to travel anywhere distant is when our national airline insist I fly to Heathrow first then onto somewhere else flying past my local international airport that I've just come from.

So Edinburgh/Glasgow is well connected to most of the planet.

Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #11 on: 24 July 2018, 07:57:33 PM »

Can't agree with that.

I live in Edinburgh.

I travel to about a dozen wargames shows every year and all are within a reasonable distance. The only one I prefer to fly to is Crisis in Antwerp which is a short flight from Edinburgh International airport to Brussels and an even shorter train journey to Antwerp.

Holiday wise I can get to Edinburgh or Glasgow airports in either 40 minutes or 90 minutes and then fly to most European or American airports.

Biggest hassle I've had trying to travel anywhere distant is when our national airline insist I fly to Heathrow first then onto somewhere else flying past my local international airport that I've just come from.

So Edinburgh/Glasgow is well connected to most of the planet.

Good public transport links both within the city and to parts distant too.

This ends communication from The Edinburgh Tourist Board Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

jimduncanuk
Colonel

« Reply #12 on: 24 July 2018, 08:44:38 PM »

Planning to be there myself, health permitting.

Which it had better ... I have goodies to collect from the Pendraken stand. Smiley

I hope to bump into some of you there!

I plan to be there too.

I have my next CT scan the week before so I'll not be able to offer an update to my health situation. We'll have to talk about yours instead.

PS  Please don't land on me when you fall over.

Steve J
General

« Reply #13 on: 24 July 2018, 09:04:55 PM »

Might be able to attend this next year once our daughter is out of student accommodation and into the rented sector. Completely agree that Edinburgh is a great place to visit.

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - 2 x Winner!
Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #14 on: 24 July 2018, 09:31:40 PM »

I plan to be there too.

I have my next CT scan the week before so I'll not be able to offer an update to my health situation. We'll have to talk about yours instead.

PS  Please don't land on me when you fall over.

I'll try to ensure the "bumping into" is entirely metaphorical Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: