1849-1866 Italians now available!

Started by Leon, 02 June 2018, 08:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gennorm

Ooh, this might mean I finally get to read Radetzky's Marches.
N

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: Gennorm on 05 June 2018, 07:42:21 PM
Ooh, this might mean I finally get to read Radetzky's Marches.
N

Me an all..
Arma Pacis Fulcra

TinyTinTroops

Hi Folks

The flag designs are in progress here at TTT.

I'm still after a few queries answered because they seem to have mucked about with the designs at about the same time they started the war - typical, no thought at all for what wargamers of the future might have problems with. If you want to add your 2 pen'orth then come and join in the thread lower down this list.

Hoping to have the first sets to Leon by the weekend, probably re-worked French and Sardinian. Other Italian states will come soon after.

Tony of TTT

Tony Hughes of Tiny Tin Troops

2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Chances are if they started mucking about with flags at the start of the war, then many units probably marched off carrying the old colours. So long as thy are red, white and green I don't stress about such things. The only thing that really narks me is seeing ACW Army of Tennessee units carrying ANV flags: not only different designs,  but different shapes as well. The ubiquitous flag you usually see these days is actually the late AoT battleflag rather than the ANV battleflag.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

But it is red, with some blue and white, so why stress ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DaveH

Nice, but need to resist and get the lead pile down.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Very nice.  I feel 1859 coming on.  Of course the Italians need enemies. 

Having read half of Embree so far (very good) with vol 1 of the Italian Osprey in the post) I'd like to think about 1848-9.  That would raise the questions of Austrians - maybe largely proxying Napoleonic Austrians for 1848.  Italian Volunteers could be a mix of Garibaldist, Communards and SH volunteers?

Regards

Edward

Leman

Quote from: paulr on 06 June 2018, 06:51:57 PM
But it is red, with some blue and white, so why stress ;) ;D
No, Hardee flag is only blue and white, Polk flag is blue and white or also has a red cross inside the white St.George's cross, van Dorn flag is only red and white, and even the regularised Johnston flag of 1864 was oblong rather than square like the ANV, and unlike the ANV it had no border. And I do ACW in 15mm so it really does show on the table.

mlr314159

ITL3 / 4 do they have the wrong years shown on thier product page ?

Leon

Quote from: mlr314159 on 19 July 2018, 01:10:27 PM
ITL3 / 4 do they have the wrong years shown on thier product page ?

They do, my fault!  All fixed now.

:-[
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Theo

Lads would the Line infantry in greatcoats work for any units in the American Civil War?

I am only just now beginning to dive into the uniforms of the era and I was wondering if they might work for early war say 1st Bull Run.

Thank you for your time,
Theo
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leman

I believe the Warrenton Rifles and some Alabama troops turned up for war in shakos, though how long they lasted is anyone's guess, but I see no reason why they couldn't be used for First Manassas or Wilson's Creek. They would have been remarkably hot at the height of an American summer though!

Theo

Thank you Leman. I might get some of them in the interest of adding some variety to the collection.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!