A Big Hand for Leon and the Crew at Pendraken

Started by Terry37, 18 July 2018, 10:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

I know most, if not all of you feel as I do, but I really think we owe Leon and the Pendraken crew a big hand for their above and beyond customer service they give us, and "give" is the key word. Not only does he offer great models, but he and everyone else there are so nice and helpful! Then he/they goes out of their way to accommodate the many unique needs of us wargamers! But wait,  it doesn't stop there - then we have this forum which is a real gimme, and he even has a place for  us to chat openly about other vendors products - no other vendor I know does that!  But wait we're not done yet - he supports an annual painting contest with loads of product given free as prizes.  I can't say how long I've been a Pendraken customer, but in all that time I've never encountered any that can hold a candle to him, save a couple over here that has been so generous in supporting my international HOTT tournament each year.

All of that said, Leon and crew, I extend my very sincere thanks to you for your above and beyond products, service and unending support.

THANK YOU!!!!!!  =D> :-bd

Very sincerely,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: Terry37 on 18 July 2018, 10:59:26 PM
I know most, if not all of you feel as I do, but I really think we owe Leon and the Pendraken crew a big hand for their above and beyond customer service they give us, and "give" is the key word. Not only does he offer great models, but he and everyone else there are so nice and helpful! Then he/they goes out of their way to accommodate the many unique needs of us wargamers! But wait,  it doesn't stop there - then we have this forum which is a real gimme, and he even has a place for  us to chat openly about other vendors products - no other vendor I know does that!  But wait we're not done yet - he supports an annual painting contest with loads of product given free as prizes.  I can't say how long I've been a Pendraken customer, but in all that time I've never encountered any that can hold a candle to him, save a couple over here that has been so generous in supporting my international HOTT tournament each year.

All of that said, Leon and crew, I extend my very sincere thanks to you for your above and beyond products, service and unending support.

THANK YOU!!!!!!  =D> :-bd

Very sincerely,

Terry

Absolutely seconded!

paulr

Thirded

Don't forget the prizes for the World Cup sweep stake...
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Zippee

Agreed, always worth reminding ourselves that we are fortunate, not entitled.

fsn

19 July 2018, 08:12:16 AM #6 Last Edit: 19 July 2018, 08:16:41 AM by fsn
I say chaps, steady on! It'll all go the the fellow's head!

No, I absolutely and wholeheartedly concur. We are very fortunate in Pendraken; in range, quality and service.

What I would add is that we (the achenes' of the Pendraken strawberry) are very fortunate in that Pendraken do listen to us. They don't always take note (as the lack of anything approaching a chariot army will attest) but you know it's on a whiteboard somewhere**.  This forum also keeps some very strange people off the streets after dusk.

I think I am not alone in that I count myself both fortunate and perpetually impoverished in my acquaintance with Pendraken.

*Google it
** Example:
10 Does FSN want chariots?
20 If yes, [wait 6 months; go to 10] else release chariot range.
40 End
*** 3 Hussars for Pendraken!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

Yeah, I've been heavily critical of some of the recent tank minis (and I'll continue to be...), but I really really want to continue to buy from Pendraken for the service they provide.

SV52

How they put up with people like me who are always wanting odd-ball orders is a mystery.  5 star organization.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leon

Thanks for the kind words chaps, always appreciated.  We're equally thankful that you lot keep spending your hard-earned pennies with us, especially when a lot of folks have had hard times in recent years.  We'll keep plodding away with loads of new shiny stuff, and maybe one day fsn might get his chariots...!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

From my point of view it really does show that you can run a successful business without being  a complete arse. Most other businesses, please take note.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fsn

Quote from: Leon on 19 July 2018, 11:39:28 AM
... and maybe one day fsn might get his chariots...!
And that, Sir, is as good as a promise as I'll hear this day.

FSN1 Egyptian Chariot
FSN2 Egyptian spearman - kneeling
FSN3 Egyptian spearman - running with one foot off the ground
FSN4 Egyptian bowman - loosing
FSN5 Egyptian bowman - kneeling, loosing
FSN6 Egyptian swordsman - prone
FSN7 Egyptian officer - looking at his watch
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 19 July 2018, 05:48:43 PM
FSN1 Egyptian Chariot
FSN2 Egyptian spearman - kneeling
FSN3 Egyptian spearman - running with one foot off the ground
FSN4 Egyptian bowman - loosing
FSN5 Egyptian bowman - kneeling, loosing
FSN6 Egyptian swordsman - prone
FSN7 Egyptian officer - looking at his watch

Sounds like a plan!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Late to the party - but Pendraken is great - and getting even faster with deliveries and range expansion on a near daily basis.  Constant improvement - the grail of every management seminar I have ever seen - and Pendraken does it. Leon's answer to every unique request is, "No Worries!", and then he walks the walk!

Terry - as they work in 10mm shouldn't be "little hand"?  :-\  :P
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on