EC10 Cavalry, lobster pot, sword.

Started by mollinary, 15 July 2018, 10:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mollinary

15 July 2018, 10:08:47 PM Last Edit: 15 July 2018, 10:16:06 PM by mollinary
With the usual Pendraken efficiency, I have just received a small package of ECW horse, including a pack of the above. Curiously, when I opened it, half the troopers appeared to have a burgonet, and not a lobster pot, helmet. They also appeared to be armed with a pistol, and not a sword. Further investigation seems to show they were almost identical to YW3, titled Cavalry, pistol, burgonet! Nice figures, by the way.

Shhhurrly shhumm misshtake, Ed?
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

They're the correct figures from the EC10 pack, so I can only think that we've not updated the listing description since the revamped cavalry were released a few years back.  Bit of a surprise that no-one's noticed that before now!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

Thanks for the quick reply, Leon.
I think the point I am making is that the burgonet figure is really nice, but it is very 'early war'. If one is looking for late War, and New Model army figures, one is looking for lobster pot figures. Frankly, whether with pistol or sword would not concern me much!  But, while I am at it, in the Cuirassiers code, is the figure with an upright weapon (ooh, err, Matron!) carrying a sword or a carbine?

Leon

I'll get the description updated to show the burgonet being in there.

Quote from: mollinary on 15 July 2018, 10:35:28 PM
But, while I am at it, in the Cuirassiers code, is the figure with an upright weapon (ooh, err, Matron!) carrying a sword or a carbine?

I'm pretty sure it's a sword.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

holdfast

But Firelocks to Maxims starts at 1680.
Is the ECW not a bit earlier than that? I need to check with an expert.

Zippee

Quote from: mollinary on 15 July 2018, 10:35:28 PM
But, while I am at it, in the Cuirassiers code, is the figure with an upright weapon (ooh, err, Matron!) carrying a sword or a carbine?

One is a pistol

TR01 - Sir Arthur Hasselrigge's Horse - 00
by Zippee Jerred, on Flickr

One is a sword

TR02 - William Penwright's Horse - 00
by Zippee Jerred, on Flickr

Both are upright, so not sure which one you're referring to :)

mollinary

Thanks Zippe, to be honest I hadn't  noticed there were two poses! Although the one I was asking the question about was, it now appears, the sword.