July Newsletter!

Started by Leon, 15 July 2018, 09:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Welcome to the Pendraken Miniatures newsletter!

We hope everyone in the UK is enjoying the sunny weather at the moment, it's not often we get this much so best make the most of it!  We've had a couple of days out but that doesn't mean we've slowed down at work, if anything things have sped up...

Painting Competition 2018!

After a year off, our Painting Competition is back with a bang and some of the entries we've had so far are fantastic!  The competition is running through July with a closing date of midnight on the 31st.  Entries can be anything painted since the last competition (Feb 2016) so there's been a long time to get your entries sorted out.  All of the info and the entries so far can be found on the Forum here.

Latest Releases!

The big news this month is that our eagerly anticipated Korean War range has arrived!

> Korean War Part 1 - Our initial release was the American and Chinese.
> Korean War Part 2 - We followed this up with the South Koreans.

> Mickey Mouse D - We added the 1943 'D' Mickey Mouse version of the T-34.
> New resin - We've swapped some of our metal products over into resin instead.

In The Pipeline!

With one sculptor working on some new Naps and the other busy on another project, the influx of new sculpts has slowed somewhat in recent weeks.  We have had some more vehicles through though, with the Sherman Jumbo, Priest and some more Modern vehicles arriving at Pendraken HQ.

We've also updated our 'Top 10 Requests' thread as well, so head over and see whether your suggestions have made it into the Top 10!

Shows!

Things always slow down on the show front at this time of year, but we'll be packing the van again in a few weeks time for the excellent Claymore show in Edinburgh.  This is always an excellent show for us and we'll be taking our usual range of products, but if you'd like anything in particular, please make sure to let us know by midnight on Friday 27th June.  Orders can be placed through the website before this deadline, using the 'Collect at Show' postal option.

Minibits Corner!

The Red Vectors MDF designs continue with a set of 15mm Fantasy ruins now released.  We're working on a lot more designs at the moment so we should have some new releases ready before the Claymore show in a few weeks time.

Website Photos!

This is one of our key targets for this year and after making great progress on the SCW ranges last month, that momentum has carried us into the 19th Century ranges now.  Kev Rouse has once again been putting his talented brush to our little men and the results are superb:

> 1860's Bavarian
> 1860's Hanoverian
> 1860's/70's Prussian
> 1870 Wurttemberg

We've also got some blackwashed pics added to the Schleswig-Holstein ranges.

World Cup Sweepstake!

Our World Cup Sweepstake proved very popular and after France's win today, the following Forum members won themselves some prizes:

£5 Voucher
21   = Belgium    - fred., Dazza
24   = England    - Genom

£10 Voucher
15   = Croatia    - O Dinas Powys

£20 Voucher
5     = France    - Nick the Lemming, petercooman

BKC-IV!

Just a quick update on this, the work is progressing as planned and we should have the finished document with us in August.  We'll be getting it checked over at that point before formatting it and prepping it for the printers.  We've also taken the opportunity to get some painted armies done by JAD Designs so we're going to try and add some new painted images into the rulebook as well.

TB Line!

We keep getting emails about the TB Line ranges, so it's probably worth updating people here.  Most of you will already be aware of the issues with the moulds we received, meaning that we need to replace all of the production moulds before we can get them back into production.  We've been going through the master moulds and identifying all of the sculpts so that we can get them cast off and prepped for the new moulds.  Hopefully this process goes without any hitches and we won't need to send any of the sculpts away for repairs.

Pendraken Catalogue!

While most of us tend to be online these days, we know that a lot of people still prefer a good old printed catalogue, so we've updated our pdf file and you can now download the current Pendraken Catalogue here.  We'll be adding the new Korean War range to that this month and we'll put out an updated link for everyone at that point.

And Relax!

And that's everything for another month, enjoy the sun while it lasts and make sure to get your Painting Competition entries placed before the deadline!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Leon, could it be that i got booted from the mailing list? I didn't receive this one?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 21 July 2018, 08:07:54 PM
Leon, could it be that i got booted from the mailing list? I didn't receive this one?

There's no mailing list as such, the newsletter goes out to the whole member database so as long as someone's a member they'll receive it.  We had the problems with the hosting company though and the forum got shutdown while I was sending the newsletter out, so we think only about 50% received them this month.  Hopefully we can get this fixed before we send the August one!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Ok no worries. Was just wondering ! Thanks!