Korean War - Part 2 released!

Started by Leon, 14 July 2018, 07:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Quote from: Techno on 15 July 2018, 05:47:28 PM
And he doesn't have a 'twins' language like those two.

(If you ever heard Alan and Michael talking to each other..you'd know what i mean..... ;D ;D ;D ;D)

Cheers - Phil

Yes- I called it "Foundry speak" - It was handy when negotiating with a third party. Their version of "windtalkers" - or like in Bosnia when the Serbs compromised our comms, and we got a Royal Welch Fusilier (from North Wales) attached to do Clansman - we called him "Jones the jammer." 

Techno

When I was 'in charge' of all the figure designers at the Evil Empire, most days I'd wander into the various offices to chat with the designers to see how things were progressing.
Being in the same room as Alan & Michael, was like listening to Bill & Ben (The flowerpot men) if they were talking to each other.*

But......They were truly two of the genuinely NICEST people I've ever met....Even if I couldn't understand what they were saying when they were talking to each other.

Cheers - Phil

*.....For those of you who live 'overseas' and those who are too young to remember....Have a 'Google' of 'Bill and Ben' and you'll get a vague impression of what I'm dribbling on about

Sunray

In the era of Bill & Ben, in my loft I should have a few early Owl & Weasels ...... :)

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Will we see the British this weekend?    :)

Although I've already had on Pendraken Ordering Day this month, it's my birthday, so what better present than some infantry to go with my Centurions?  :D :D

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Glorfindel

Some Korean War inspiration, to show what these can look lke :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k2AhWZjdOU

Beautiful figures and paint job.

Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 21 July 2018, 11:02:52 AM
Will we see the British this weekend?    :)

Prepping them right now!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

Quote from: Glorfindel on 21 July 2018, 12:46:20 PM
Some Korean War inspiration, to show what these can look lke :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k2AhWZjdOU

Beautiful figures and paint job.

Phil

Neat paint work.   The images of Korea tend to suggest that dress order was not as slack as Pacific.  All in helmets and mandatory that grenades were hung on web.

Phil  opted for Army as  opposed to USMC, so with the early war trousers they proxy   for late  WW2  Europe.

Sunray

Quote from: Leon on 21 July 2018, 03:09:32 PM
Prepping them right now!

Yes   as we speak  the early war Brits and Royals arrive!

Sunray

:) :) :) :) :) :)Take one KBR 15 add one  FLA 19  = Aussie  Vietnam gunners