Korean War - Part 2 released!

Started by Leon, 14 July 2018, 07:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

14 July 2018, 07:44:34 PM Last Edit: 14 July 2018, 08:13:40 PM by Leon
In a slight change to the scheduled programming... we've got the South Koreans next!  

The Brit Commando radio operator sustained a moulding injury so we've sent him off to the medic to get him fixed up.  He'll be back with us next week and we'll get the British range ready for release next weekend instead.  We didn't want to leave you hanging though, so we've bumped the South Koreans up the queue and here they are!  As with the US and Chinese ranges released last week, we've got a nice selection of infantry here, along with mortars, command and artillery crews.  Guns for the latter will be along later in the year.

Once again, our thanks go to Sunray for all of his help and advice on this range.

Korean War

South Korea, ROK - https://pendraken.co.uk/post-war/korean-war/south-korean/
KSK1   Advancing with rifle
KSK2   Standing, firing rifle
KSK3   Standing, firing M1 carbine
KSK4   Standing, firing M3 SMG
KSK5   Kneeling, firing rifle
KSK6   Prone, firing rifle
KSK7   Prone, firing Browning
KSK8   60mm with crew
KSK9   81mm mortar with crew
KSK10   Throwing grenade
KSK11   Throwing satchel charge
KSK12   Radio operator
KSK13   Officers
KSK14   Artillery crew
KSK15   Casualty
(Packs contain 10 figures @ £1.75 unless shown otherwise.)

And here's the pics!

KSK1 - Advancing with rifle

KSK3 - Standing, firing carbine

KSK9 - 81mm mortar with crew

KSK13 - Officers

KSK14 - Artillery crew

British are next so keep an eye out for those next weekend!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Were you waiting for me to put in an order before you released part 2?  >:(

Looking forward to the Brits.  <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P

BTW on the website KSK2 is sad to be with a "DP LMG", which I think should be an "M3 SMG".

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

KSK2's the standing firing rifle, I've fixed the image on the listing.  It's my own fault for having both the North and South Korean lists next to each other here and I keep looking at the wrong set...

Quote from: fsn on 14 July 2018, 07:57:57 PM
Were you waiting for me to put in an order before you released part 2?  >:(

We'll get those sorted out asap and let me know if you'd like any of these new ones adding!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You have been seriously busy! Nice one chaps.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Love the officer checking his wrist watch !  :)

Reminds me of a pose from Airfix Paratroopers circa 1965.

Its a very useful pose -  Doing things at the precise  time is vital to battlefield management -anything from opening fire with artillery/mortars to giving the signal to move/deploy.

The other officer is a class sculpt - fits with the radio operator passing the handset. Nice little command pose.

Great sculpts Phil.  I hope they grace a lot of tables.  :-bd

Techno

Thanks, chaps !

The radio op will be winging his way back to Leon, tomorrow...so should be a HQ on Tuesday.
Had the same weird problem of a bit of the green stuff 'squishing', (Just ONE of the hands, this time....rather than the shin on the Winter Chinese chap.)
I WISH I knew what was, for certain.

I think a tiny bit of the 'blue' hadn't mixed properly, but as I mentioned before, I mix the stuff for ages....and then look to see that there are no streaks of yellow or blue left....
So I'm still at a bit of a loss. :-\

Cheers - Puzzled of Wales.

fsn

Quote from: Sunray on 15 July 2018, 12:14:13 AM
Love the officer checking his wrist watch !  :)

Knew I'd seen it before somewhere!

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Westmarcher

15 July 2018, 10:16:16 AM #8 Last Edit: 15 July 2018, 10:28:00 AM by Westmarcher
Quote from: Sunray on 15 July 2018, 12:14:13 AM
Love the officer checking his wrist watch !  :)

Totally forgot about that until you mentioned it!  :o  =D>

Still can't figure out who the paratroopers standing with the tommy guns pointing up to the sky pose were shooting at ...  :-\
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Sunray

Quote from: Westmarcher on 15 July 2018, 10:16:16 AM
Totally forgot about that until you mentioned it!  :o  =D>

Still can't figure out who the paratroopers standing with the tommy guns pointing up to the sky pose were shooting at ...  :-

They forgot they weren't on the grouse moor with the 12 bores !  :)

That Airfix set of paras was  both eclectic and bizarre.   As kids we loved the "tommy gunners", but as evolved into serious wargamers we despaired about the silly poses; the grouse shooters and - do you remember the para doing keep fit exercises ?   The Brit paras  did not have the Thompson - or was it a Reising ? No Stens or Brens and a bazooka instead of a PIAT?  And no 37 web despite the box art.

However, Old Phil is fussy about his poses.  No skaters or silly kneelers.  So, yes, we trawled the old plastic kits for different and authentic poses.
The result? Pendraken have  best damn figures in post war 10mm.   

fsn

Techno

Quote from: Sunray on 15 July 2018, 10:58:34 AM
However, Old Phil is fussy about his poses.    

No he's not....He wants the poses that are easiest/quickest for him to do.  ;)  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - A Sculptor (Pah !!)

Sunray

Quote from: Techno on 15 July 2018, 01:04:37 PM
No he's not....He wants the poses that are easiest/quickest for him to do.  ;)  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - A Sculptor (Pah !!)

Sorry Phil  - The Techno I  know too makes  many late night phones calls, and has a scrupulous attention to detail.    He takes pride in his work.   
The new Vickers sculpts prove my point.  :)

Yes, he makes it look easy and he is quick (but he can't multi task like Alan & Michael ).   ;D 

Techno

Quote from: Sunray on 15 July 2018, 04:31:27 PM
(but he can't multi task like Alan & Michael ).   ;D 

And he doesn't have a 'twins' language like those two.

(If you ever heard Alan and Michael talking to each other..you'd know what i mean..... ;D ;D ;D ;D)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021