TSiA SYW scenario

Started by Leman, 13 July 2018, 05:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

13 July 2018, 05:53:56 PM Last Edit: 13 July 2018, 06:18:12 PM by Leman
Had another go at Tin Soldiers in Action rules today. Did a scenario I had previously done with the FPW using They Died for Glory, but this time did it with SYW Austrian and Prussian protagonists. A small Prussian force of 2 line units, 1 grenadier unit, 1 jaeger unit and 1 medium gun battery were holding a pass against 5 Austrian line, 1 grenadier, 2 grenzers, 1 dragoons and 1 gun battery. Furthermore, the Austrians were in two brigades, plus a c-in-c controlling the guns, whereas the small Prussian brigade just had a c-in-c. The Austrians needed to break through in 8 moves.

The Austrians utilised the very speedy road movement in the rules and marched straight for the pass, as can be seen in the first photo:

The grenzers drove the jaegers back from their ambush in the woods, whilst the Austrian dragoons swept around the flank of the slight outlier on the ridge, where the prussians had positioned their gun with infantry support. At great cost the dragoons drove off the infantry and then overran the guns, before falling back to safety. The jaegers meanwhile fell back to the relative safety of the ridge.

The Austrians sent unit after unit down the road, resulting in losses, but devastating the smaller Prussian force. The victory conditions meant that the Prussians had to have at least one unit holding the road as the Austrians would win if they broke through the ridge:

The flames show units in disorder. The Prussian grenadiers attempted to push troops back off the ridge, but despite their fearsome reputation they were unsuccessful. this photo also shows one of the natty little craft trays I got through Amazon, which really keep the dice under control:

The end is nigh - the last two remaining Prussian units - the jaeger and the grenadiers. I am using based up figures so do not use the TSiA system of individual figure removal, but instead use Principles of War rosters to record initial strengths and losses. These two units had taken fearful losses. It is the end of turn four and game over:

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Another good looking game :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner