Odd WW1 Figure Poses

Started by jaztez, 12 July 2018, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaztez

Hi Leon etc, 

Just some feedback really.  Love your figures and have ordered tons. 

But am now starting a WW1 East Africa project and wanted to give feedback on figure poses.

In three packs, ME33, GEA1 and BEA2 you get 2 poses, one of which is a guy crouching, like he is crewing a weapon, looking at tracks on the ground, or whatever he is meant to be doing. 

There are FIFTEEN of these in each of those packs.  So half the figures are utterly useless unless you want a unit of crouching men! 

It's disappointing, because although there is another pack of Shutztruppe and another of Imperial Infantry so I can mix them up, it still means the figure costs shoot up to have a decent varied unit.

And for the Kings African Rifles, there is literally one advancing pose, plus 15 crouchers, meaning the units are going to be very boring! 

If you ever revisit these ranges, please ditch the crouchers and replace them with a new and more useful pose!  Cheers.
My historical wargaming site: https://miniaturewar.games

fsn

Huzzah! Huzzah!

Down with all kneeling poses!*

Port, trail and guard only!

... and no skating!  >:(

Find me a barricade, I'm in a stormin' mood!

*Except for crew served weapons
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

If you ask the nice Mr Leon politely he will arrange for packs without the 'crouching' figures and with other figures for a modest fee, at least partly addressing your figure cost concern
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jaztez

I really don't mind kneeling poses. That's not the issue.

The poses included are simply not ones men in combat would take up, they just don't work.

And including fifteen of them is a bit odd IMHO.

Just passing on some feedback to Leon.

Quote from: fsn on 12 July 2018, 05:37:04 PM
Huzzah! Huzzah!

Down with all kneeling poses!*

Port, trail and guard only!

... and no skating!  >:(

Find me a barricade, I'm in a stormin' mood!

*Except for crew served weapons

Leon

Thanks for the feedback, we'll have a chat with the sculptor about the poses he's using.  We generally work from the same pool of dollies and he picks the ones we ask for, or chooses ones which suit the type of conflict he's sculpting.  The ME33 code is a brand new release, so we wouldn't be looking to replace that any time soon, but we can reduce the use of the crouching dolly going forward.

As the other guys have said, we can always supply less of one pose and more of another, if folks request it. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jaztez

This is the offending dude....same position in three different packs.  45 of him!

Perhaps he's designed for a latrine vigenette..... ;D

Leon, please consider commissioning another figure to add to the KAR pack at least!  It's such a shame.

Leon

Quote from: jaztez on 13 July 2018, 12:02:26 PM
Leon, please consider commissioning another figure to add to the KAR pack at least!  It's such a shame.

We'll have a look but I couldn't see it happening anytime soon I'm afraid.  The costs of getting a new figure made and then making a new production mould for that code would be more than we make on the sales of that particular range.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jaztez

No problem, all I can do is highlight he's a bit odd for a combat unit!

Jay

Leon

Quote from: jaztez on 13 July 2018, 12:09:50 PM
No problem, all I can do is highlight he's a bit odd for a combat unit!

We'll keep an eye on it for future sculpts.