MM 10mm Mtanni

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 11 July 2018, 06:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Oh Dark Lord forgive me...

Actually, did not enjoy painting these...
The force, so far.

Elite Chariots

Line and Vassel chariots

Shukituhli

Da boz

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Good job on those, Will !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Very nice Will!

For use with MeG?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

Leman

They look very nice, but to be honest I've never actually heard of the Mitani. I'm assuming they are biblical Middle Eastern, or else something to do with Middle Earth.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 12 July 2018, 02:33:08 PM
They look very nice, but to be honest I've never actually heard of the Mitani. I'm assuming they are biblical Middle Eastern, or else something to do with Middle Earth.

Mitanni (or Hanigalbat, Naharin, Hurri or Maryannu depending on which neighbouring state you were from) was the home of a major power from around 1500BC to 1300BC  in the upper Tigris and Euphrates area (bits of Syria and Anatolia these days).

The Mitanni people were noted horse breeders and charioteers and produced the first known treatise on horse care.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

Well there you go - you learn something every day. Thanks for that.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

First of the  great chariot empires, and their language gave all the terms for chariot stuff for all themlater ones. Or so I once read, I have a feeling that's been somewhat changed with more modern scholarship.

I've a bunch of those for my Hittites and Syrian//general allies, found them quite nice to paint up. What didn't grip you?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just don't know, just didn't dig them..  ;D
I will carry on with more, at somepoint.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Next units done.

More elite chariots

Two on the way past

Spears with integral archers

Archers

Extra elite mixed foot and archers, Shukituhli

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Steve J

Techno

Very fine work, Will. :)

Cheers - Phil

Norm

Thanks for showing these. I have a couple of bags of MM New Kingdom Spear Infantry and Chariots, which I bought as samples, but have never felt encouraged to paint as they seem to have soft detail and 'look' small (even though when stood next to other 10mm, they are not particularly so) - your paint and basing leaves me wanting to give these figures a proper chance.

Womble67

Very nice indeed Will

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!