Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No - it's 1 Centurion to 79 Legionaries

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Took you lot long enough to get here, shall we call the meeting to order?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nirnman

I have to admit that Fsn's timetable is so far the most akin to the way I do these things lol
:D :D :D :D

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 12 July 2018, 03:10:43 PM
Took you lot long enough to get here, shall we call the meeting to order?

Order ? did some one say order?

Ok then
1 Republican Roman Army pack
1 Carthaginian Army pack
2 packs of pretorian Guard
2 pack of archers
1 pack Of Gaul fanatics
30 minutes later
3 A9 tanks
6 Bren carriers
2 25 Pounders
Another 10 minutes later
2 packs Iron brigade
An a pot of Vallejo Primer.

What's next on the Agenda?

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Raider4

Quote from: fsn on 12 July 2018, 12:42:17 PM
6) Make a "interest deflected" roll. On d6>2 go to 1

Oh, this. So very much this. Sigh.

fsn

Quote from: fsn on 12 July 2018, 12:42:17 PM
10) Make a "Dark Lord intervenes roll". On d6>3 Pendraken produce more in units in a rage that you've half started. Go to 2.
That should of course be "range".

The Dark Lord, may his waters never reek of asparagus, is well known for his mild manners and peaceable nature.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Orcs on 12 July 2018, 04:01:40 PM
1 Republican Roman Army pack
2 packs of pretorian Guard
You know these aren't in the sane range? Dies this mean your imperials Romans are nearly started? 😈
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 12 July 2018, 05:51:57 PM
You know these aren't in the sane range? Dies this mean your imperials Romans are nearly started? 😈

Are you sitting comfortably?   Then I'll begin

In the long and distant past Pendraken did not make Pretorian Guard, so to complete my Trajanic Army for the Dacian wars  I needed some veterans so I had to go to another manufacturer. They were only just adequate, but what ho!

After I had completed sufficient units for the Warmaster army for now,( including putting on some 300 VVV shield transfers) . The Dark Lord remoddled the range , Not only providing Praetorian guard but also Eastern Legionaries.  I was agast.  Now I have strongly resisted replacing these units despite the exquisiteness of the new figures etc etc. as my army was almost complete ( I appreciate the word complete is not a word that we accept as a real word) BUT....... I started playing Sword and Spear. This needs 4 bases of figures per unit so I am left with a couple of options.

Repaint and retransfer the shields of 20 Praetorian Guard  (which will also mean rebasing).

OR 

I buy some of the new exquisite figures, replace the existing units and sell the old units on Evil bay
I also need to increase the number of bases in a variety of units

Ancient British fanatics
Roman bow

Etc Etc.

So given the option and my obvious addiction the choice of - Repaint or get better shiny stuff had only one conclusion.  :D

In the mean time like  a true wargamer I got the urge to do the Punic wars which I am now researching.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Nirnman

Well, I have succumbed to the irresistible lure of this new period, the third edition of "Beneath the Lily Banners"  as well as The complete Boyne painting guides and the Osprey campaign book for the Boyne on order next phase is to sit down and work out purchases figures and buildings required. Wish me luck. hopefully, this will keep me occupied until another period catches my eye.

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 12 July 2018, 05:51:57 PM

I completely deny being sane.

Quote from: Orcs on 12 July 2018, 06:33:34 PM

Repaint and retransfer the shields of 20 Praetorian Guard  (which will also mean rebasing).

OR 

I buy some of the new exquisite figures, replace the existing units and sell the old units on Evil bay
I also need to increase the number of bases in a variety of units

Ancient British fanatics
Roman bow

In the mean time like  a true wargamer I got the urge to do the Punic wars which I am now researching.

You know it makes sense, Mark.

Give your money to Leon....and he can give some of that to me.  ;D ;D ;D
(I think I've still only seen one 'batch' of the Imperial Romans painted...here on the forum....AND TALKING OF PAINTING...where's that pic of that hobbit thingy I made at your request, Mark  :P :D)

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Orcs, surely you should decide in  the traditional wargamers way? D6.

1,2  Repaint and retransfer the shields of 20 Praetorian Guard  (which will also mean rebasing).
3,4  Buy some of the new exquisite figures, replace the existing units and sell the old units on Evil bay
5,6  Ignore the Romans, they're passé. Buy some of the new Korean War range and get a better class of Centurion.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 14 July 2018, 10:02:56 AM
AND TALKING OF PAINTING...where's that pic of that hobbit thingy I made at your request, Mark  :P :D)

Cheers - Phil

It got its final coat of varnish on Monday, base was textured Wednesday, Been at work thurs and Friday.  On nights next week so will get a couple of hour painting time each day so will finish it then and photograph it.

I keep getting diverted by stuff that I need to get ready for a game

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 14 July 2018, 10:15:57 AM
Orcs, surely you should decide in  the traditional wargamers way? D6.

5,6  Ignore the Romans, they're passé. Buy some of the new Korean War range and get a better class of Centurion.

In the nicest possible way B*gger off, I don't need more temptation  :)