Q of the Week: Usernames?

Started by Leon, 22 November 2010, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megamatman

We kind of have a family naming convention for Usernames  ;D

My two brothers are known as Jumbobazman and Stellamockman, so naturally when I signed up for Xbox Live several years ago I chose Megamatman and its stuck ever since.

Matt
Megamatman

capthugeca

My name is Hugh but as a child was quite tall for my age so was often called Huge.

The capt and ca is because I used to belong to an organisation called Church Army where all the blokes were called captains and had to put CA after our names to ensure that we weren't mistaken for captains in other organisations, though some did once ask me if I was a chartered accountant!  #-o

I've left CA but it would be too much hassle to change my user name on all the forums to something more currently suitable.

And I hope I'm not jumping the gun but my icon is from a Father's Day card which my sons bought me a few years ago because they all thought that it looked like me (minus the glasses)
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Dazza

Quote from: Leon on 22 November 2010, 03:47:32 PM
 Something simple like 'Leon' or 'nikharwood'

its not simple, you both use them names so you dont forget what your called  =O

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

Captain Verbeek

Captain Verbeek is my fictional colonial personae that I invented in a response to a roll playing colonial thread.  I liked the character so much that I painted him up for a few wargamers around the world to get stuck into their campaigns and started a blog about his roll in the fictional Cavanderi colonial campaign.  I have painted the good captain in 15mm, 10mm and 28mm.  My icon is the captain in 10mm.  You can see the other versions on his blog.

www.captainverbeek.blogspot.com

Non Cadmus

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Leon

Quote from: Maenoferren on 23 November 2010, 08:40:01 PM
Couldnt agree more :D :D :D

I was up there a couple of months ago actually with the family.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Maenoferren

a bit high to fling oneself off I must admit  :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

lentulus

Quote from: Megamatman on 23 November 2010, 09:53:05 AM
We kind of have a family naming convention for Usernames  ;D

My two brothers are known as Jumbobazman and Stellamockman...
Matt

You mean your brothers are named Baz and Mock?  ???

zaapark

Was working with some Ukrainians many, many years ago and pick up some Russians from them.  Zaapark is zoo in Russian, so I figured no one else on the web would use zoo as a handle.  My avatar, the Keebler Elf, is the nick name giving to me by co-workers long ago while delivery pizzas in Denton Texas.  Apparently I worked my "elfin magic" to woo my female co-workers. :) :D
chris

Leon

Quote from: zaapark on 24 November 2010, 06:45:33 PM
Apparently I worked my "elfin magic" to woo my female co-workers. :) :D

I think we need to expand on this bit, possibly with pictures...  :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Pruneau

Pruneau Brisecoeur is my first Chivalry and Sorcery fantasy RPG character, a mischievous bard, bastard son to a french baronet, that had quite a way with the ladies.  He was particularly fond of halfling females, for reasons too nasty to mention here.
Boardgames: MMP ACW, ASL ᴥ BKC & SSOM - WW2 (In development) ᴥ Flying Lead - Sci-Fi: Shocktroops, Pulp, Spugs ᴥ WH - Greenskins, Dwarfs

http://hiording.blogspot.com - http://runequestfun.blogspot.com - http://secondsquadonme.blogspot.com

ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʎnq ı əɯıʇ ʇsɐl əɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Megamatman

Quote from: lentulus on 24 November 2010, 12:47:30 PM
You mean your brothers are named Baz and Mock?  ???

Yep  ;D  Baz = Barry, Mock = Mockett (surname) - his forename is Kev.

Matt
Megamatman

Last Hussar

Because Mad Half Elf (which I used at Uni 20 years ago) is just silly.

Hussars are dashing, if narcissitic, lunatics.  Anyone who has seen me use cavalry will know thats how I use them.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leveller Mutineer

Just back from marching on Whitehall with my new idea for something called 'democracy'. 

What was the question? :-\

SV52

I claim the 'most boring' prize - it's part of my car's registration number  :-[
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!