Greater than 100 mbps
2 (6.9%)
What's a mbps?
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: 15 July 2018, 03:58:22 AM

Fenton

I get about 80-90 with BT fibre
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

d_Guy

Quote from: Leman on 06 July 2018, 01:39:48 PM
This is Double Dutch to me. I am not going to be able to answer this question. :-/

Calling them "thingees" will work just as well (maybe better!)  - Mbps is the unit providers (etc.) use.

Here is a link that should work to give you the numbers (both download and upload)
http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/speedtester/

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Raider4

On Virgin Media cable, get 49 d/l, 4 u/l.

Smoking gun

Virgin media download 97, upload 6.

We were getting an appalling rate through the telephone line around 2.5, it was slower than my son's 3G mobile phone. Some of the phones line around here are aluminium (not as good a conductor) as copper was more expensive when the houses were built.

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

d_Guy

Thanks for all the participation!
It is interesting to see that most respondents have internet speed considerably higher than mine.

SG - we are currently dsl over copper so ranges between 2.5 and 3.0 (which may be the feasible upper limit)
In its day dsl over copper was a miracle that provide "broadband" internet to many of us boonies.
We are having cable installed next week which promises up to 60.

Currently our service has been down since roughly 1400, 5 July - with no end yet in sight.
Using our 3G service (6 Mbps) at the moment but our data plan is limited so probably going to have to buy more capacity soon!  >:(
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on