Painting Competition Discussion thread!

Started by Leon, 04 July 2018, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: barbarian on 01 August 2018, 04:22:02 PM
I want to vote for Skinade Panzer IV but I really don't understand from which hacth the second tankist is coming from ?
Any bigger pictures somewhere ? I supposed it is the lateral turret hatch but something is bothering me.
Superb painting.

I think it's the lateral hatch as well, but I'd guess he's had to place the tank commander figure on the hull otherwise it would look odd at an angle?  I don't have other pics of the entry, but there's a bigger model which shows the lateral hatch and the hinged turret shield:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dazza

01 August 2018, 04:43:26 PM #136 Last Edit: 01 August 2018, 06:07:40 PM by Dazza
Quote from: barbarian on 01 August 2018, 04:22:02 PM
I want to vote for Skinade Panzer IV but I really don't understand from which hacth the second tankist is coming from ?
Any bigger pictures somewhere ? I supposed it is the lateral turret hatch but something is bothering me.
Superb painting.

Leon beat me to it, but this model shows it all opened up,  :

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

barbarian

Thanks.

I voted.

It was really hard on the pre-20th foot and full army category.

I can't predict the winners.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Have now voted on all categories except 20th Century Foot because Ironduke's photos appear to be missing - will wait until either these appear (or withdrawn?). Not easy, at all! A pity I could not vote for many deserving efforts. I initially thought 3 votes per category was too much but actually, double that amount votes per category would still not do the entries justice in many of the categories! Well done, everyone!  =D>
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

xccam

Quote from: Westmarcher on 01 August 2018, 05:14:28 PM
because Ironduke's photos appear to be missing
They are there for me I think?

Leon

Quote from: Westmarcher on 01 August 2018, 05:14:28 PM
Have now voted on all categories except 20th Century Foot because Ironduke's photos appear to be missing - will wait until either these appear (or withdrawn?)

I'm not sure why they're not showing for you there, they're fine at this end?  I uploaded Ironduke's to our own Flickr account so the link/hosting should be fine.  Are his other entries in other categories showing for you?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Westmarcher

Now there for me, also (heh! what's going on?)  :o   Definitely not available for me to view earlier (I'll check the other cats & if any problem found I'll flag it) :-\

Have now voted, thanks.  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Terry37

As I do in elections (so I can have a legitimate voice, and more importantly because so many have truly sacrificed so I can) I have submitted my votes. I must say that it is not easy, and it sure would have been better if we had gone with the 25 votes per category!!! ;D

I want to say again, this is a really awesome thing that Leon and the Pendraken crew do for us. I also think there can be no losers in an event like this as just getting to participate makes you a winner.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Geiss

Quote from: barbarian on 01 August 2018, 05:01:24 PM
It was really hard on the pre-20th foot and full army category.

I found those ones particularly difficult to vote on too! So much quality.

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: Geiss on 01 August 2018, 06:46:46 PM
I found those ones particularly difficult to vote on too! So much quality.

All of them were difficult (except the sci-fi / fantasy ones, not interested in that category at all), but especially the full army one. I narrowed it down to about 6 that I that were amazing, then had a real hard time dropping three of them.

petercooman

Done!Onlythe army category was hard for me, the rest pretty easy!

Techno

Leon

Quote from: Terry37 on 01 August 2018, 05:53:49 PM
I want to say again, this is a really awesome thing that Leon and the Pendraken crew do for us. I also think there can be no losers in an event like this as just getting to participate makes you a winner.

No worries Terry, glag you enjoyed it.  It's something we really like doing as well, for several reasons; we get to see loads of our little men looking their best, it motivates folks to get some of their lead mountain painted, it inspires others to try a new technique or a new style of basing, it's good visibility for the scale and our products in particular, and finally just because it's fun!

8)

fsn

Whew! That was difficult.

Well done  everyone who entered, and thank you Leon.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 01 August 2018, 09:20:01 PM
Well done  everyone who entered, and thank you Leon.

Well said, Nobby.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil (I've done my votes, too.)