Painting Competition Discussion thread!

Started by Leon, 04 July 2018, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Quote from: mad lemmey on 31 July 2018, 03:29:37 PM
Some of the entries this lunchtime are superb! My pitiful attempts just got knocked out the park!  :'(  ;D

Absolutely nothing wrong with your stuff Will. Definitely things to be proud of!

Given that I haven't managed to get anything painted for months every entry is better than my efforts!! :)

All of the entries are wonderful.

In the true sense of inspiring wonder.

In my case the wonder is .... I wonder if my life will ever settle down enough to let me get some painting done! :D

"If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans." - Desiderata by Max Ehrmann
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

skinade

ay up all , just want to say that as a new member to this forum / competition the comradery is brilliant and i've been so excited in taking part . The skill , ideas and techniques shown in all the categories is outstanding . Who to vote for is going to be very difficult so GOOD LUCK to all . And thanks leon for your photo wizardry . ade
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: skinade on 31 July 2018, 06:22:19 PM
ay up all , just want to say that as a new member to this forum / competition the comradery is brilliant and i've been so excited in taking part . The skill , ideas and techniques shown in all the categories is outstanding . Who to vote for is going to be very difficult so GOOD LUCK to all . And thanks leon for your photo wizardry . ade

Glad you've enjoyed it Ade and no worries on the pics.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 30 July 2018, 11:26:44 PM
Forbes! Will you stop putting in blindingly good entries!  :D ;D

Sorry mate,  :P

I think mine are put to shame by plenty of the others though. No surprise to see many entries using the LoA range.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

TinyTinTroops

Finally managed to get my stuff finished and posted.

The painting was fun but I hate photography - which is probably why I can't do it well.

Some brilliant stuff this time round. Good to see that it isn't just the usual suspects that are having a go - and doing well too !!!

Tony of TTT

Tony Hughes of Tiny Tin Troops

2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Oscarthehound

Quote from: skinade on 31 July 2018, 06:22:19 PM

Same here... new member (long time lurker)...  really glad to take part and there some really amazing entries... so good luck to all!

Westmarcher

Oh, the irony! This painting competition has indirectly added to my painting list. Not for the competition itself - when picking up another unit (not the one I entered), I accidentally snapped off one of the figures at the knees! D'Oh! ....  ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Steve J

Pics taken and submitted :). Some simply stunning work on show which is going to make it damned hard to judge!

Martin1914

Leon you've done something to my photos...................much obliged!!

Good luck in the competition everyone.

Regards
Mart
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

skinade

ay up all ,as a newby how do i get vote/judge when its time ?
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Some excellent work this year, and only 2 hours left for entries!

Quote from: Martin1914 on 31 July 2018, 09:54:25 PM
Leon you've done something to my photos...................much obliged!!

I've reduced the size of some of the entries, sometimes the photo hosting or blog software sets them as 1000+ pixels and they go off the screen or blow up too large.  I've tried to get them to a nice size which shows off the painting to its best.

Quote from: skinade on 31 July 2018, 10:10:44 PM
ay up all ,as a newby how do i get vote/judge when its time ?

The deadline for entries is midnight tonight and then the voting threads will appear tomorrow afternoon, around 3pm.  Everyone is allowed 3 votes per category (choose your 3 favourites) and the voting will run for 7 days, closing at approximately 3pm next Wednesday (8th August).
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Just managed to get something in the Single base category, didn't think i would get that finished! Really my last entry now!

Leon

And that's it, thanks to everyone who has entered this year's competition!  The voting threads will be open from 3pm on Wednesday 1st August and will run for 1 week, closing at 3pm on Wednesday 8th.  Everyone will be allowed 3 votes per category so you can choose your 3 favourite entries and winners will be revealed as soon as the voting ends!

Leon

Voting is now open folks so you've got until 3pm on Wednesday 8th August to place your votes!

8)

barbarian

I want to vote for Skinade Panzer IV but I really don't understand from which hacth the second tankist is coming from ?
Any bigger pictures somewhere ? I supposed it is the lateral turret hatch but something is bothering me.
Superb painting.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!