Painting Competition Discussion thread!

Started by Leon, 04 July 2018, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Leman on 30 July 2018, 02:14:27 PM
My turn to play dim now. Is that three per category or three in total?

It'll be 3 per category, so you can choose your 3 favourite Vehicles, your 3 favourite 20th C. Foot, etc.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

Where has d'hautpol been hiding all these years?  Beautiful work with beautiful figures!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Geiss

Really excited to see so many WWI entries - I had no idea that 10mm WWI was so popular. I thought I was a bit of an oddity for going down that route. Can I ask what rulesets people have been using, assuming that these figures haven't just been painted up for the competition...

Big Gazza

Good luck to all who've entered, looking forward to seeing the results, there's plenty of fantastic entries. Good luck to all.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Forbes! Will you stop putting in blindingly good entries!  :D ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

pierre the shy

31 July 2018, 12:52:32 AM #111 Last Edit: 31 July 2018, 12:54:55 AM by pierre the shy
Quote from: Geiss on 30 July 2018, 08:29:58 PM
Really excited to see so many WWI entries - I had no idea that 10mm WWI was so popular. I thought I was a bit of an oddity for going down that route. Can I ask what rulesets people have been using, assuming that these figures haven't just been painted up for the competition...

Hi Geiss Peter here.....our group uses Two Fat Lardies lf the Lord Spares Us rules. Originally written for brigade sized Middle East battles we have used them very successfully for Gallipoli and France 1914 games with some house rules added from the TFL forum and our own requirements. You can look back in the battle reports to see some of the games we have staged since around mid 2014.

To add to the WW1 theme l will be posting my entry for the painting comp latet today....good excuse to finish off some stuff l started months ago ☺
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

paulr

A lot of really good entries this year, including from many new to the forum, great to see :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Definitely !!

Some incredibly difficult choices to make, very soon !

Cheers - Phil

Leman

I use my 10mm WWI for Square Bashing - Eastern Front Russians, Austrians and Germans; Western Front Belgians and Germans, plus some help rom the Brits and French.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

EVERY year.......The comment seems to get made......."The standard is better than ever"....Which tends to sound 'fake', and very condescending.

But it TRULY does get better & better.....I'm genuinely in awe of what's in the competition, this year.

Cheers - Phil

xccam

The entries are fantastic, and I don't think there's a single category with a clear "winner" to my mind.

Very hard decisions to make.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 31 July 2018, 07:05:56 AM

Some incredibly difficult choices to make, very soon !

But you are always sooooo decisive Phil  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Some of the entries this lunchtime are superb! My pitiful attempts just got knocked out the park!  :'(  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

ok I've now added my few entries

I wish everybody all the best with the competition

Take care

Andy

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!