Painting Competition Discussion thread!

Started by Leon, 04 July 2018, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

Well I will have a go this weekend at pulling together some entries. It seems between football, heat and general busy-ness I haven't done any* painting for some time.

I'll at least try and take some photos of stuff painted since  the last comp.

* Well last week while we were playing Dracula's America we were so fed up with one of our group, who's gang was still bone base coat with just red for coats etc painted, which was just how it had been several months ago when we last played. That during the game we collectively painted the rest of the figures for him. I did the bases, someone else did the faces, and some else hair and weapons with black. So a massive improvement in gang quality, all delivered during the game!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

andymac

Absolutely taken aback by the level of entries this year, i'm very glad I do not have the task of being one of the judges this year. Saying that though I have already started to write down my thoughts for the forum voting. 
Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

Steve J

Well it cooled down enough here in Bristol to finally finish a plane, that had been waiting to be finished for over a year :-[. Even then the paint was drying so quickly, so I was glad I was only doing final details etc. Some tanks planned next as the weather is meant to be 12 degrees cooler tomorrow. Then it's the small matter of trying to take some nice photos...

Geiss

Quote from: Steve J on 27 July 2018, 10:35:33 PM
Well it cooled down enough here in Bristol to finally finish a plane, that had been waiting to be finished for over a year :-[. Even then the paint was drying so quickly, so I was glad I was only doing final details etc. Some tanks planned next as the weather is meant to be 12 degrees cooler tomorrow. Then it's the small matter of trying to take some nice photos...

I agree that it's very hard to muster the energy to do much with the heat! Then I wake up today and I feel... dare I say it?... cold!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It was gloriously cold, we even all managed to go for a walk without needing factor 50 and seven litres of water each!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Yep, nice feeling cool and not having to water the garden. Might even get to sleep under the duvet tonight, the first time in many, many weeks!

Steve J

Some more impressive entries to the comp this morning when I logged on. Voting is going to be damned hard, that's for sure!

Weather wise it's pouring with rain, pleasantly cool, so a nice and lazy day beckons with some painting to be undertaken for the comp at some point :)

Leman

Lashing down here, and the best sleep I've had for a couple of months. Inspired to plan my next 10mm armies, most likely Boer War and 1848 Danes so that I can pursue the Trumpton Wars. Also expand my Russian WWI army to include more Whites as a gaming mate wants to do the Reds, so a lot more likely to be available for next year's comp.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Not exactly pleasant, weather wise, in Pembrokeshire......Peeing it down !

Somewhat ironic (because of the amount of rain we normally get here)......But we really could do with it !

Cheers - Phil.

paulr

A lot of very impressive entries, voting is going to be challenging  X_X

IV seems to be popular in the Vehicle entries ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Paul, you are very right - we have some very talented members, and some truly awesome looking work! Good thin we get to vote for 25 entries in each category!!!!!!  ;D

Seriously, it is going to be VERY tough!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Do we know how many votes we ARE getting ?
Will it just be the one for each catagory ?  X_X X_X X_X

Cheers - Phil

Leon

It'll be 3 votes, so everyone will have to choose their Top 3 like you guys did previously.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

My turn to play dim now. Is that three per category or three in total?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!