Painting Competition Discussion thread!

Started by Leon, 04 July 2018, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandinista

Redstefs combined grenadiers are wonderful

Cheers
Ian

Techno

There are some absolutely WONDERFUL entries in the various categories.  :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

Cheers - Phil

paulr

I bet your relieved not to be judging this year ;)

I know I'm not looking forward to having to select my votes X_X
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

;)

Still got to make my picks... :D
But it's going to be just as hard to separate a lot of the entries. :-\

Cheers - Phil

Rupert of hentzau

Agreed, those combined Grenadiers are terrific!
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Techno

Yeah ! Absolutely !

Already, I know I'm going to 'be arguing with myself', about how I'm going to cast my votes.  X_X (Like every previous year.  ;))

I hope this helps you to make your own minds up.

I'm sure I've already mentioned this.......When I've 'been a judge' in the past, I've marked each entry, as it comes in, out of 10.
(No-one ever got a 10......'Cos then I'd have nowhere to go.)

Now.
....Once the entries are 'finished', and the competition closed..I'll go back and compare all the ones that are in the 9+ bracket, and then try and TRY and decide which one deserves my vote for first place...which, second, etc (Knowing full well that on another day, I might have voted B-C-A instead of A-B-C.)

Not sure whether we've all going to have to choose our top three, for each category......Or whether we just get a single vote for each.

Cheers - Phil

SV52

An entry either appeals or it doesn't at first encounter; simple, like me. Eh?
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

Trouble is......Too many appeal to me !!  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

skinade

ay up all , help please . motor bikes in the mounted category or vehicle category ? want to put them in "mounted" coz i've got a "vehicle" to submit
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Geiss

Quote from: skinade on 22 July 2018, 06:35:11 PM
ay up all , help please . motor bikes in the mounted category or vehicle category ? want to put them in "mounted" coz i've got a "vehicle" to submit

I think the rules allow for multiple entries in each category. At least that's what I've done for 'single base'...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ohhh, MkIV tanks are popular this year!  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

24 July 2018, 08:35:33 PM #71 Last Edit: 24 July 2018, 08:38:42 PM by mollinary
Forez, your Hessian Leibregiment looks absolutely superb! Welcome to the community!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

There's been some really nice entries these past few days!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Terry37

There have been indeed leon and it is going to be very tough to single out who to vote for. Right now I'm ready to vote for everybody!!!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Good grief. :o

It's getting 'worser & worser' to decide. ~X( ~X(

Cheers - Mr Undecided.