Painting Competition Discussion thread!

Started by Leon, 04 July 2018, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

With the competition open, you can discuss all of the entries here!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Zippee has been very busy!
Some cracking entries coming in now.
Mine hopefully hit the painting table tonight, or tomorrow...
What do we want? PROCRASTINATION! When do we want it? Next Tuesday?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 July 2018, 12:44:51 PM

Yes, with some very nice painting on display, but he isn't really very good at reading the rules, is he?  :D :D ;)

Oh, and one of his ECW cavalry cornets is upside down!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leman

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 July 2018, 12:44:51 PM
Some cracking entries coming in now.
Mine hopefully hit the painting table tonight, or tomorrow...
What do we want? PROCRASTINATION! When do we want it? Next Tuesday?
;D ;D ;D =O
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Indeed there are. I particularly liked the invisible Gnomes in the fantasy section.

Leman

Welcome Clawless Dragon. Which system are you using to post pictures? I use Flickr, and have to adjust the code to make it work.

Techno

And a warm welcome from me, too.  :-h

If you have real problems posting the photo's, I think Leon's said to send (email) them to him, and he'll load them onto the appropriate thread.

Cheers - Phil

clawlessdragon

Quote from: Leman on 11 July 2018, 08:44:11 AM
Welcome Clawless Dragon. Which system are you using to post pictures? I use Flickr, and have to adjust the code to make it work.
Hi thanks, the 128kb limit on this forum is very limiting, but I saw others had used Flickr, so I simply made an account, loaded the pictures there, then used the share option on Flickr which gives a mini link... and I copied and pasted that into the thread here on the forum (thinking it would pull though a thumbnail, and the link to the larger image)... happy to adjust the code if shown how :) thanks.
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

petercooman

Clawlessdragon, if you go on flicker on your picture, there is an arrow underneath. if your cursor is on it it says share.

click it

then you get a pop up screen. Instead of using the link given there, choose "bbcode" and that will give you a link that will work in this forum. just copy/paste that one instead.

DHautpol

I particularly like the effect Zippee has achieved on the helmets of his ECW cavalry; would that be something like gunmetal base with silver highlights?
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: clawlessdragon on 11 July 2018, 09:08:20 AM
Hi thanks, the 128kb limit on this forum is very limiting, but I saw others had used Flickr, so I simply made an account, loaded the pictures there, then used the share option on Flickr which gives a mini link... and I copied and pasted that into the thread here on the forum (thinking it would pull though a thumbnail, and the link to the larger image)... happy to adjust the code if shown how :) thanks.

All sorted and displaying now!  Nice work as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

clawlessdragon

thanks for the help - I was just signing in this lunchtime to fix it, but you managed to do it for me :)
I actually have another 4 units (15 stands) painted up - but have put the elves on hold whilst doing another army.
looking forward to see what other people do in the fantasy section.
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!