Painting Competition Discussion thread!

Started by Leon, 04 July 2018, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt J

First chance I've had to have a real good look, some excellent work on display  :-bd

(I think we should go back to Phil et al having all the stress of judging though  ;))
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Techno

Sandinista

The standard is even higher this year, I'm very impressed

Cheers
Ian

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

A very high standard - I normally don't look as it puts my painting to shame.

I have voted and tried not to vote for anyone more than once in the entire competition. Did not quite do this as some of the entries were outstanding.

I was intrigued by the "Hedge Army"  this was a very versatile entry being able to be used for virtually all periods and locations - Obviously there are exceptions.  I suspect the owner was "hedging his bets" on winning.

However I did find the "uniform" a bit dull.  I also thought one of them appeared a bit gnawed and had some drool on it.  :)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Suspect the owner his hiding hid talents under a bush, Al?
Oh, my coat, thanks, I shall wear it while the countdown continues!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Only 2 hours left now and it's still tight in some categories!

- Pre-20th Foot has got 3 entries all tied for 2nd place...
- Mounted there's only 1 vote between 1st and 2nd...
- Vehicle there's only 2 votes between 1st and 2nd...
- Army there's only 1 vote between 1st and 2nd...

:o
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

I wonder if anything will change in the next two and a bit hours.  :-\ (I've just had a peek.  :D) Bloomin' heck it's close !

An exceptional competition, regarding the standard of the entries.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> To the whole lot of you !!

Cheers - (A very impressed) Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Steve J

I shall have to wait until later to see the results as I will be away from my computer :(. The standard has been so high this year it's hard to separate so many wonderful entries!

petercooman

petercooman

Some unexpected winners, but most of the ones i voted for are 'at the top'!

Steve J

I find it interesting to see what other forum members voted for compared to my choices.

Techno

Quote from: petercooman on 08 August 2018, 03:13:16 PM
Some unexpected winners, but most of the ones i voted for are 'at the top'!

Unexpected ?.....Dunno....But I think throwing the voting open to all the members of the forum, is a very fair way of doing this.

But like you, most of the ones I voted for came first or second....(I can see the votes....So in a lot of cases, my three votes went to the top three)..... Not in every category, though....
But those were the ones I could have done with a lot more than 3 votes !  ;)....They were all SO close.

We've got VERY deserved 'placed' entries, though....Congrats to them, again.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil