World Cup Dog Walk

Started by Leman, 04 July 2018, 09:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Decided to take the dog for a walk last night as the temperature had dropped from Delhi at mid-afternoon to Salamanca on a balmy May morning. I also, like the chap in the advert, have a tendency to jinx any international I watch. It was, however, very entertaining  as most people had their windows open and there appeared to be a lot of football parties going on. The alternate cheers and groans coming from various houses left me clueless as to how things were going, until an enormous cheer came from one particular garden, followed by a newsflash on my phone. Seems like I made the right decision.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Time to walk the Pennine Way for the next two weeks?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Raider4

The people's next door telly is obviously about 2 or 3 seconds ahead of ours, as we heard their groans/cheers just as we were watching the player getting ready to take their penalty. Bloody irritating.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: Raider4 on 04 July 2018, 11:23:55 AM
The people's next door telly is obviously about 2 or 3 seconds ahead of ours, as we heard their groans/cheers just as we were watching the player getting ready to take their penalty. Bloody irritating.

The Mother in law (in the annexe at Techno towers) has her TV up SO loud we can hear it in the rest of the house. (through an inch and a half oak door)
The 'buffers' in each TV/digital radio seem to be well out of sync with each other.....So we can hear 'echoes' if everything is on the same 'channel'.

It IS very irritating.

Cheers - Phil Phil Phil

Leman

Quote from: mad lemmey on 04 July 2018, 09:46:41 AM
Time to walk the Pennine Way for the next two weeks?
Check your route is open owing to the massive moorland fires on the Pennines that we are getting up here.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Deliberately started fires, just been on Radio 4. Kissball still not seen any, am also trying desperately not see any tennis, managed for 4 years so far.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 04 July 2018, 03:48:10 PM
Check your route is open owing to the massive moorland fires on the Pennines that we are getting up here.

About 3 or 4 years ago we had about 4 acres of our land burnt to a crisp by 'someone' who was doing a 'controlled' burn next to our place.
What peed us off, more than anything, was the fact that Mr 'X' was more concerned with 'I'd like to know who called the Fire Brigade', than actually apologizing properly.

We haven't talked to him since.....Can't say I'm sorry.

Cheers - Phil

fsn

So what we have learned from Techno's latest posts is that one neighbour tried to burn him out and another tried to get him between a flock of sheep and a speeding car.

And who says the Welsh aren't friendly?  :P

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Leman

Would that be a flock and a hard place?

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 04 July 2018, 08:28:20 PM
Would that be a flock and a hard place?

I think that's pretty good.....I won't send you to go and get your coat, Andy.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: fsn on 04 July 2018, 07:50:11 PM
So what we have learned from Techno's latest posts is that one neighbour tried to burn him out and another tried to get him between a flock of sheep and a speeding car.
And who says the Welsh aren't friendly?  :P

The neighbour who set fire to our fields....along with other fields, was English, Nobby.
I was the one that had to stop speeding cars this afternoon. I could have cheerfully shot the sheep who went for a wander, so she wouldn't be able to do the same thing next year. The sheepdog (Nell.....Not one of ours) did a brilliant job in cornering the wretched sheep, so she could be grabbed by the chap that had shorn them...and then sent back a couple of hundred yards up the road to one of our fields.

Sheep truly are as stupid as chickens. >:( >:(

Cheers - Phil

Quote from: Techno on 04 July 2018, 08:52:11 PM

Sheep truly are as stupid as chickens. >:( >:(

Cheers - Phil

Thats chikenist, and unfair, sheep are much more stupid.....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

05 July 2018, 07:45:50 AM #12 Last Edit: 05 July 2018, 08:42:19 AM by fsn
Jack Horner, who is one of my favourite Paleontologists, explains how to build a dinosaur from a chicken.  :o

What I want to know is why he hasn't done it.  :-

Imagine a fox sneaking into a hen-house full of dino-chickens.  ;D ;D ;D

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 05 July 2018, 07:14:06 AM
Thats chikenist, and unfair, sheep are much more stupid.....

Actually...having dealt with both....My current view is that you're probably right, Ian.
'Molly' sheep.......(Ones that were orphans and rely on being bottle fed, as lambs)......tend to lose a fair amount of fear of people...and DO seem to be smarter.....They can be used to get the muppet sheep to follow, and hence go where you want them.

Sadly our three old 'Mollies' have died....So now we're just left with total idiots !

I did NOT enjoy yesterday. X_X ~X( X_X

Cheers - Phil

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 05 July 2018, 07:45:50 AM
Jack Horner, who is one of my favourite Paleontologists, explains how to build a dinosaur from a chicken.  :o

What I want to know is why he hasn't done it.  :-

Imagine a fox sneaking into a hen-house full of dino-chickens.  ;D ;D ;D

I shall come back and watch that later, Nobby.  :)

Cheers - Phil