Hail from Lancashire England!

Started by TheGamingArtisan, 02 July 2018, 01:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

There are those who still firmly believe that the border is when you reach Kirkdale, Sefton being an abomination best put to bed. After all, the West Lancashire Golf Club is in Blundellsands. Where I live in Formby the sea is one mile west of me and the boundary of West Lancs is 1 1/2 miles east of me; something of a Gaza strip.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

T13A

Hi

Belated welcome from me too.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

TheGamingArtisan

Thanks everyone for the welcomes, just painting away for the competition haha

Ithoriel I love learning anything new so feel free to hit me with anything war related (in particular ancients and dark age) I have a degree in the study of religion and specialized in ancient Japan and pre Christian Europe, so pretty into obtaining knowledge where and whenever :D

Leman 15mm is awesome don't get me wrong I played Flames of War for a while (am sure you know a WWII 15mm wargame) but there's something magical almost a Godlike quality to 10mm *points to d Guy's post*

Thanks Orcs for the welcome I really appreciate it!  :)

And Fred am actually not far from Southport! Do you play any particular wargames or are you a collector?

TheGamingArtisan

Oh sorry didn't realize there was another page of posts haha

Leman I worked around Southport and Formby for about 10years, the discussion of the boarders of Sefton and West Lancashire has always been a most debated topic when I was on jobs  ;D

And thanks Steve J and T13A for the welcomes!  :)

Leman

You should see my 10mm FPW, SYW and WWI Russians, not to mention my post-Roman Britons for Dux Britanniarum.

Westmarcher

A very, belated welcome from me, too.  :-h
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

TheGamingArtisan

Leman send me a link I'd love to see them!

And Westmarcher thank you and I love your display picture of a westy! Is that yours? My family have had three and I've actually just got a puppy, shes a newfoundland :-[ sorry love dogs!

Techno

Quote from: TheGamingArtisan on 03 July 2018, 06:56:28 PM
:-[ sorry love dogs!

So do I  :)....4 'Labs' and a Collie here.

Cheers - Phil

fsn

And Westmarcher thank you and I love your display picture of a westy!
That's actually a selfie.  i.e. it's a picture Westie took of himself ... not a Self Highland Terrier.

It's a long, sad tale that he's readily tell you. It involves a Bath bun, a visit to one of those places where fish eat your feet, and a feud with an unscrupluous plastic surgeon who also happened to be a member of the Kennel Club.

At least I think that's the case.  :-\

Or was it a fish cake and a visit to Bath?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Leman send me a link I'd love to see them!

And Westmarcher thank you and I love your display picture of a westy! Is that yours? My family have had three and I've actually just got a puppy, shes a newfoundland :-[ sorry love dogs!
See Batreps page 3 - Squarebashing the FPW

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Quote from: fsn on 04 July 2018, 07:39:36 AM
That's actually a selfie.  i.e. it's a picture Westie took of himself ... not a Self Highland Terrier.

It's a long, sad tale that he's readily tell you. It involves a Bath bun, a visit to one of those places where fish eat your feet, and a feud with an unscrupluous plastic surgeon who also happened to be a member of the Kennel Club.

At least I think that's the case.  :-

Or was it a fish cake and a visit to Bath?

Everything is absolutely true (selfie taken after a full moon) ... except for the bun ... and the fish ..... and ....  :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

TheGamingArtisan

paulr thanks for the link! love your stuff Leman! :D oh and also Leman am a big fan of Hail Caesar from Warlord Games and I've been tempted to get the Dux Britanniarum rules for a while, how do you find them?

(plus if you ever want a game am not far from Formby!)

By the way, what are folk painting for the competition? Am still stuck into my aliens. Not done sci-fi for a long time but this is my first attempt at 10mm so wanted something not overly demanding  :P happy with it so far like...I think haha  ;D

paulr

I'll be entering things that I have painted since the last competition except maybe for one of the ECW units I currently have under the brush :!!
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!