More Praise

Started by Last Hussar, 21 November 2010, 11:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

I was chatting with a guy today at the Kreigspeil we were umpiring.  He's just bought a load of WW1 stuff, and was impressed by it, especially the price.  I sang your praises on other ranges - more 10mm players the better.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

Thanks for the compliments!  We're seeing a lot more people coming and showing an interest at the shows over the last 6 months as well, which is cool.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

cudders

I'd like to add my two peneth' on my first order(ECW)

I have to say I am also very impressed. The detail is nice and crisp and absolutely no flash what so ever with is a first!

I will defo be going 10m for all my future period choices. Flogged all my 15mm and 6mm except the Adler Naps which are actually more like 8mm anyway.

Good job guys

Cudders.

Jubilation T Cornpone

Thats the route I took too. Got rid of all my 20mm and 15mm and restarted with 10mm. I've had no regrets at all with this choice. I wonder how common this move is? I looked at 28mm for a time but the prices seemed insane to me. I just can't get my head round paying £6 for just 4 figures. It doesn't compute with me at all.

cudders

Quote from: Jubilation T Cornpone on 28 November 2010, 08:51:41 AM
Thats the route I took too. Got rid of all my 20mm and 15mm and restarted with 10mm. I've had no regrets at all with this choice. I wonder how common this move is? I looked at 28mm for a time but the prices seemed insane to me. I just can't get my head round paying £6 for just 4 figures. It doesn't compute with me at all.

I think moving to 10s must be quite common. They offer the best of both worlds, cost, look, range getting bigger and big enough to look the part. I dont know anyone who now buys 28s. Although great figures, you have to be a very very good painter to make them look good and the costs are crazy. Also bases with one or two huge figures representing a unit is not right IMO.

So it's 10s all the way  :D

Cudders

lentulus

I have just finished giving away just about very non-10mm I own, except for a couple of group projects.  These range from 40mm to 6mm; they just were not getting painted.  10s I can paint, which is very bottom line.

Maenoferren

I am really looking to get rid of all of my 28's, and 20mm stuff, I will keep my 15mm WWII for the time being as we use it for our wierd war stuff. it makes sense in a croft house especially now that the baby arrived, what was my games room is now a nursery. :'( :'(
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Leon

Quote from: Maenoferren on 01 December 2010, 08:19:49 PM
...what was my games room is now a nursery. :'( :'(

Haha, I know that feeling! Our nursery used to be my gym...   :(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!