ECW and Weird War Games

Started by Terry37, 28 June 2018, 08:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Tuesday my friend David Crenshaw came over for some gaming, and we got in two really fun ones – an ECW DBA-HX game and a HOTT Weird War game. I'd like to say I came away victorious, but alas instead I came away being carried upon my shield!!!
Here's our ECW game, where I was anxious to be Parliament so I could field my newly finished purple coated Lord Brooke's regiment along with the orange coats of Lord Essex, the General. David was also happy with that as he was anxious to field his new Royalist army, commanded by King Charles himself. I should have gotten a close up of David's Royal standard as it was a truly awesome piece of paint work!!!

Took this picture because I thought it was ironic having two blue coat regiments facing each other. Of course, very accurate for that war. The pieces of pipe cleaner are hits suffered as we have adapted the DBN attrition rules to DBA-HX and feel it makes for a much more realistic feeling game.

OK, so it was a very cheesy play on my part, using my general to try and close the door for a win. But I knew if I didn't do it this time it was all over but the shouting! However, we decided to check the rules, and yep, it was a TOO cheesy play and generals are not allowed to enter combat! So, Parliament went home limping while Charlie and his red coats celebrated!!! Didn't seem so cheesy to me!!!! :(

Our next game was a Weird War HOTT game with David playing my Red Skull army while I was anxious to field my WWI Blood of Heroes American army for the first time. Love Weird war!!!!

David finally took the game 13 to 10, but it could have gone either way as 12 points is a loss.
Both were great fun and as usual for David and I real marathons. Sorry there's no real narrative for the pics, as I just snapped them as I was able or thought of it. David is a very worthy opponent and one needs to stay focused playing him. After all, he was last year's GBnUIT winner!!!!
Happy Trails
Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

d_Guy

Great report and pics, Terry! Nice to see "my" boys in action.  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Steve J

Great looking games Terry 8). Thanks for sharing :)

Norm

Enjoyed, thanks. picked up some ideas there.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Photocrinch

Getting to play with Terry's troops is always a pleasure, especially when he lets me win as well!  Thanks for posting Terry.

David

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Super stuff, Terry.... and welcome to the forum, David !

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner