ECW project - For King and Parliament

Started by paulr, 28 June 2018, 09:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

Finished light artillery ("leather guns") marker stands and Royalist commanders for 1644 - 5 (Montrose, MacColla, Lord George Gordon, Viscount Aboyne)......now just need to base the Covenanter Commanders  (and a few civilian "advisors" from the Committee of Estates ;) ) and add guncrews to the heavier artillery to finish this lot.

The rest of the brigade commanders for Dunbar will be done later as I want to do some of Montrose's fights first.

Also need to try and find a 10mm star fort for Worcester....pity the old Pendraken one is no longer in production  :(

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

mollinary

Quote from: pierre the shy on 23 September 2019, 11:25:55 AM

Also need to try and find a 10mm star fort for Worcester....pity the old Pendraken one is no longer in production  :(

Agreed. Something along the lines of Newark's Queen's sconce would be brilliant!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

paulr

Dry brushed shirts :)

Painted and dry brushed trousers and hats (on the few poses that have them) :) :)

Based coated bonnets :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Shields done :)

Dry brushed bonnets :)

Base coated boots and shoes :)

paulr

Dry brushed boots :)

Base coated and detailed the 'not-tartan' :) :) @-)

pierre the shy

Here are some pictures of my latest batch of Scots - figures painted by Paul R, everything else is down to me - including the bad spelling I just noticed on one of the labels  :-[

Royalist Commanders for 1644/5 actions - Not 100% sure if I will keep Montrose's flags or redo them as a separate "royal standard" stand  :- I was trying to depict him and MacColla as "here we are in the King's name" and "Charrrrrrgggggeeee"

Some of the mounted command figures I have used are from PM's League of Ausburg range which I used as they give a greater range of poses while overall looking similar to the ECW range mounted command figures

Covenant Commanders for some 1644/5 actions - Baillie and Balcarres are supposed to be receiving guidance from the local Kirk preachers

Light artillery markers - MG of Artillery Wymess's "Leather Guns" - I used 40mm hexagonal bases and neutral coloured backgrounds on the labels to differentiate them from command and other stands. The guns and crews are from Lancer

Lastly, representative of the heavier artillery is this siege battery that I am very pleased with - put a lot of effort into this one. All the models and defences are from Pendraken

paulr

Those have based up really well :-bd =D> :-bd

I particularly like the siege artillery

paulr

Stocking/socks done on the Highlanders :)

paulr

Wood done :) :)

Started on belts, scabbards & sporrans  :)

Techno

Those look damn fine !!  :-bd

Lovely stuff !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

d_Guy

Really like the basing, Peter. And Paul's painting is to his usual high standards.  :-bd
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

pierre the shy

Due to a rather unexpected pause in our Saturday night Napoleonic campaign (a French attack did not proceed so we have to work out what happens next, the Prussian Command has now shifted to Australia (!?!) so there are delays while the Prussian General Staff consider their options) I offered to run a one night game of Alford next weekend to get some more of the Scots on the table as I now have all the units needed to refight the battle.

Offer was accepted so its first game nerves for Montrose and his Royalist army next week  ;)......the Covenanters have already tasted action in our Leith scenario games at Call to Arms last month.

I have the scenario pretty well finished so I will be sending to Paul and DGuy for review before the game to make sure it looks OK.

Already have one keen commander for the Gordons.         

paulr

29 September 2019, 04:02:06 AM #1064 Last Edit: 29 September 2019, 04:03:58 AM by paulr
The two divisions Prussian infantry were well deployed in a very strong defensive position with both flanks secured X_X
The French declined to attack it with a division of infantry and a division of cavalry :-h
On to Alford next week :)

Finished the belts, scabbards & sporrans :)

Metal base coated :)

Started painting the pipes :)