ECW project - For King and Parliament

Started by paulr, 28 June 2018, 09:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Highlighted the horses :)

Painted some 15x15 counters  :!!

Further progress yesterday was derailed by driving wife and 5 of her friends to an International Spring / Cherry Blossom Festival :-<

About to start labeling counters :!!
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

Nice painting.  Awesome looking units!

pierre the shy

Cleaned up some more highlanders - removed bayonets from jacobite period musket armed highlanders as they're for 1645 not 1745 period.

painted gameboard for another side project, just need it to dry and then mark up grid squares and ready to try a couple of test missions.....tally ho!   :-$ 
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

paulr

Labeled the first 117 counters #:-S

Finished cutting out the other 180 15x15mm counters, should have included them in my ECW order ~X(

paulr

Mains, tails & hooves done :)

Markings on the horses done :)

Gun carriages base coated :)

90 counters prepared  #:-S

Steve J

paulr

Painted both sides of the 90 counters :)

Base coated some of the barrels from EC26 Artillery equipment to go with the Field guns :)

On closer inspection rather than having wooden tops and metal bands at the top and bottom the barrels appear to have some form of cloth covering nailed on :-\

What colour was this cloth likely to be and were the nails iron or brass (to reduce the risk of sparks)

paulr

Painted the edges of the 90 counters last night, glued the labels to them this morning #:-S
Only 90 more to go X_X

Highlighted barrels and gun carriages :)

Quote from: paulr on 01 October 2018, 05:35:15 AM
On closer inspection of the barrels from EC26 Artillery equipment rather than having wooden tops and metal bands at the top and bottom the barrels appear to have some form of cloth covering nailed on :-\

What colour was this cloth likely to be and were the nails iron or brass (to reduce the risk of sparks)

fred.

Can I ask what all the counters are for?

Not wanting to throw a spanner in the works, we've played quite a few games, and used very few counters. But we did have ammo and dash marked on printed labels on the bases.

Regarding the barrels - I went with assorted pale browns for the covering, assuming it was either leather or dirty cloth. Nails I just went with a wash for shadow.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

The 'counters' are my version of the Victory coins and chits/playing cards used for FKaP, most of them won't be on the table most of the time

We will be using small pompoms to keep track of ammunition, dash and disorder, etc These have the advantage of staying on the stands and so easily moving with the troops

Thanks for the thoughts on the barrels, makes good sense

paulr

Base coated and highlighted armour and helmets on the Dragoons :)

Base coated and highlighted metal work on gun carriages :)
Yes, I know the metal work was probably painted but the contrast looks good

paulr

Base coated and highlighted buff coats on the Dragoons  :)

Base coated and highlighted guns  :)

fred.

Quote from: paulr on 01 October 2018, 11:47:06 PM
The 'counters' are my version of the Victory coins and chits/playing cards used for FKaP, most of them won't be on the table most of the time

We will be using small pompoms to keep track of ammunition, dash and disorder, etc These have the advantage of staying on the stands and so easily moving with the troops

OK, that makes sense, we have used colour beads for victory counters. The victory counters are another good mechanism, takes a little bit of setting up at the start of the game, but then is super simple during the game, and is very obvious when the game is coming to a conclusion.

I'll be interested to see how the chits go for activation, I ended up getting some small (approx 1 x 2") playing cards so that they fit in the boxes better with 10mm figures.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

d_Guy

Fred,
I used small cards for a while also but would often get fumble fingered with them. I now prefer the chits. You can put them in a bowl for easier mixing and I find them less intrusive on the board (I original liked the look of cards but changed my mind). Incidently, while I have the "official" set of chits from Simon, I like the white on black ones I made since they are easier to read. Mollinary painted the "offcial" ones and they look really good. I don't have the skill or patience for that.
Sleep with clean hands ...