ECW project - For King and Parliament

Started by paulr, 28 June 2018, 09:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

02 April 2020, 08:06:18 PM #1305 Last Edit: 02 April 2020, 08:21:15 PM by pierre the shy
Thanks for the flagmaker links, have not seen that before, looks very useful for future projects  :-bd.

The command stands I am doing now are the last things I have for this ECW project, they will allow me to stage Kilsyth and Inverlochy with the correct units at some stage as well as Dunbar (which I am still hoping to refight once this lockdown is over).

Whats next for me? well since Paul is on a DBA theme currently thought, amongst other things, that I would see what DBA armies I could make up from a mishmash of 15mm DBM stuff that I got some years ago when my freind Rob passed on.....get in a bit of practice for when Paul's Punic War armies finally get into action  ;)

I have stuff from Sassinid (a little), Selucid (a lot) and Fuedal English (lots) and Medieval Hungarian (lots) armies so I will see what I can come up with. None of them have been touched for years and a quick inspection reveals some serious TLC is required. This is strictly a use what I have exercise, will not be getting more 15mm.

Just got to edge the flags then I will put up some pics of them.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

pierre the shy

The sun came out a bit this afternoon so took a few quick shots with my cellphone camera:

The 10 completed command stands:

Three command stands for Inverlochy - 2 for Argyll's regiments and one for Lt Col Roughe of the Erl of Tullibardine's regiment:

Four command stands for Kilsyth - 3 regiments of Fife Militia and one for the Earl of Crawford-Lindsay's regiment:

Three generic regiment command stands - I can convert 3 Irish regiments into extra Covenanter ones for games like the Dunbar refight:

Final three regiments of Covenanter infantry and a couple of commanders that I didn't show eariler:

couple of solo boardgames I picked up second hand (before the lockdown  ;) ) to help pass the time now these guys are done:

So far they are proving very entertaining.....

d_Guy

Excellent, Pierre! Love the flags. Btw, I refer to the casualty stand you did recently as "Mollinary Structures"  ;)
Sleep with clean hands ...

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

O Dinas Powys

If these really are the last stands, a fantastic finale to an amazing project  8)

Look forward to seeing them in action in the not too distant future  :-bd
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

pierre the shy

Paul should take most of the qudos for these as he very kindly painted all the figures for me, I just base them up and make them look spiffy with flags etc  ;) 

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

pierre the shy

And this project thread still lives on....

Finally found the markers I started basing up for DGuy's Celtic Fringe "extra" troop types - Attached Bows and Knife/Axe/Sword - while looking for something else (which I of course didn't find  ;D )

So labelled and added flock to complete them. I used 40mm MDF hexagon bases that I had on hand and green coloured labels to indicate that they were markers and not separate units.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

They look well. I've actually some hexagonal bases ordered to see how they work out for attached generals so nice to see some properly done up.

Techno

Lovely work, Peter !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

fred.

Those look very smart - I think its the hex base, the basing and the labelling all make a very smart looking marker.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts