pendraken flyers

Started by petercooman, 25 June 2018, 12:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

So, i have a (bad,according to the wife) habit of keeping promotional flyers i get from wargame companies when i order stuff.

Now i am currently reorganizing my stuff, and came upon this:

What do you guys do with that kind of stuff? I just add them to the pile  ;D

fsn

Mine are binned, I'm afraid.

Thought this was going to be about aeroplanes,
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Quote from: fsn on 25 June 2018, 07:30:42 AM
Mine are binned, I'm afraid.

:o :o :o
I was expecting at least one of your rooms to be lined with them as a shrine to M'Lady ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

25 June 2018, 09:19:50 AM #4 Last Edit: 25 June 2018, 09:22:49 AM by Orcs
I keep all the bookmarks.  They are very useful

As much as it galls me Peter I am afraid I have to agree with your wife.

On a more important note, it does show your wife how many times you have ordered from Pendraken, or any other company whose flyer you have.  Its best to loose these as fast as possible to allow the "Oh I have had these ages "response to have any credibility at all. :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Dr Dave

Yep - Nice collection of book marks if you ask me!  :D

petercooman

25 June 2018, 09:45:29 AM #6 Last Edit: 25 June 2018, 09:48:10 AM by petercooman
The wife doesn't care how many times i order. I give myself a budget on a 'what can be spared' basis. So if i order 1 time or 20, it just the same budget anyway. (and would be extremely stupid to buy shipping over and over again).

Now to be honest, i usually just put them aside and forget about them. Some have seen use as dividers for stacking up small hedges in a box, allowing me to work in layers on a small footprint. Some see use as bookmarks as someone noted above, and others just sit there and i forget i put them there.

That's the whole reason of reorganising your stuff though. There's just so much excess material. I think i have 100 sprues lying around the cabinets from projects i did. But now, with almost everything i have glued togheter, and a lot of the plastic painted, it was just excess junk so i'm weeding it out.

Feels a bit odd though. I decided that enough is enough, and i have almost everything i wanted to do wargames wise(for the periods i dabble in), so no need to keep the spare parts. The reasoning being that: since i'm mainly interested in ECW and ancients for new projects, there's no need to keep 10 sprues of extra parts for USMC! Only thing to decide is what to do with all the sprues!

Also putting everything togheter in boxes saves some room over having a box with the painted stuff and a box with unfinished stuff.

It's actually pretty fun seeing it go upstairs in the new bookcases (i bought 4!) in the (now new) spare room.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Orcs on 25 June 2018, 09:19:50 AM
I keep all the bookmarks.  They are very useful

I might even agree wit youse.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

You don't have one of our new flyers, so I think you'll need to place another order...  :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Quote from: petercooman on 25 June 2018, 09:45:29 AM
I decided that enough is enough, and i have almost everything i wanted to do wargames wise(for the periods i dabble in),
Sorry. You may have to explain that to some of us.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

fsn

Quote from: paulr on 25 June 2018, 08:33:05 AM
I was expecting at least one of your rooms to be lined with them as a shrine to M'Lady ;)
The altar with the black candles is quite sufficient.  Milady is to be honoured with simple elegance.

Orcs

Quote from: petercooman on 25 June 2018, 09:45:29 AM
I decided that enough is enough, and i have almost everything i wanted to do wargames wise(for the periods i dabble in),

Sorry, this sentence is completely incomprehensible to me.

Does anyone on this forum know what he is going on about??  :-/
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

petercooman

Sometimes you need to stop buying one thing to start buying something else.

Quote from: Leon on 25 June 2018, 11:47:30 AM
You don't have one of our new flyers, so I think you'll need to place another order...  :D

Waiting for those Belgians! 😁

Seriously, almost my birthday !

petercooman

Those dastardly flyers, more were hiding under the bases

Also, when cleaning up, you also realize you DID buy those brushes last time, and you didn't need to buy more.

Leman

:o You could always set up a paintbrush stall at the local market.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!