AWI Range

Started by mollinary, 20 June 2018, 07:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mollinary

I had admired these sculpts by Clib for a number of years. Unusually for me, I had not succumbed. And then along came Richard Borg's latest venture in the 'Commands and Colors' stable,'Tricorne'.  Produced by Compass games it is an AWI board game, with strong links to figure games. As I already game the Ancients and Napoleonics versions with figures, it was obvious I would have to do the same for this set. So I worked out what figures I would need, ordered them from Pendraken ( about 1,000 figures) and got  Kev Rouse to agree to paint and base them. Then I needed the best flags. Grahame at GMB Designs kindly agreed to scale down his 15mm (actually 18mm) Flags to fit the Pendraken poles, and so that was done. I have now played a few games with the figures and, win or lose, I find a smile on my face for the sheer spectacle of it all. As the British Grenadiers advance, I feel a shiver down my spine - as the Provincials run, I feel like joining them. For me, it is the perfect mix, a fun, simple, yet challenging, game system, lovely figures, beautifully painted. Thanks to all involved in producing the component parts!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

cameronian

Photos Mollers, where's the photos ?
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

mollinary

On face ache, where, regardless of all its problems, it is easy enough, even for me, to post photos!

Leon

Here's a pic from the Facebook page, looking good!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

Steve J

Very interesting and certainly looks good 8)

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

I succumbed five years ago :o and have nearly finished succumbing for the second time ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

Looks excellent

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Excellent !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Leman

That does look very good.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

cameronian

21 June 2018, 01:35:53 PM #13 Last Edit: 21 June 2018, 02:07:25 PM by cameronian
Your normal high standard Andrew, really nice, have you thought about using Kallistra hexes ?
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

mollinary

Quote from: cameronian on 21 June 2018, 01:35:53 PM
Your normal high standard Andrew, really nice, have you thought about using Kallistra hexes ?

Have done, and still do, but this is so much quicker and easier to set out and take down. Also the grass is not dayglo  green!  You will see the Kallistra hills and river on the mat in the picture. I am now getting some darker flock to reflock them to be less conspicuous on the mat.