Austrian 1859

Started by kustenjaeger, 15 June 2018, 12:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Having looked at the new Italians does anyone know what the gaps in the Austrian ranges are for 1859? 

I imagine:

- the infantry, grenz and Jagers in kittel work fine,
- the artillery need smoothbores (Napoleonic proxy?) but I assume the crews are OK? 
- the hussars seem to need to be in shako (use Danish 1848 or do a head swap with the Austrian 1866 hussars)
- not sure of uhlans and assume Dragoons etc are close. 

I'd think of doing 1848-9 but suspect mainly proxying Napoleonics in shako would be closer.

Kind regards

Edward

Leon

I'm not sure at all on this I'm afraid!  We did have a chap on Facebook saying that our Austrian infantry would need to be in much tighter leggings for 1859, but whether that's enough for us to get new sculpts done, I'm not sure.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toxicpixie

I think he was referring to the Hungarian regiments who seem to have preferred very very tight breeches over many periods. Shows off the calves to the ladies I guess :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting