Turret issues...

Started by Wulf, 14 June 2018, 11:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Womble67

Quote from: Orcs on 16 November 2018, 08:50:26 AM
A subject that given the average age of this forum is going to become more and more relevant.  ;D

Lol excellent

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

All of the popular ranges of 10mm 1/144-1/150 AFVs have their issues.  Pithead cast separate tracks which need a lot of work to fit.  Will I mention Minifigs separate wheels ?   If you want a good puzzle try their Saracen.

The AFVs are now in keeping with the bigger figures.  (We do tend to judge the correctness of an AFV by the height of the "men" standing around it - hence the need for common base thickness). Bigger chunkier figures - best example Timecast- paint up well.  I have some 1970s era Peter Laing 15mm in a glass case and they are the same size as Timecast !  The problem for Barrie and co was when they chose to keep the heavy weapons to 1/144 same as the AFVs.  Hence the "undersized" 120mm mortar. Put it alongside the GPMG which is scaled to the figures.

In my opinion the Pendraken Falklands range set a new bench mark in the balance between detail and exaggeration.  The Korean range are to same template.  But back to turrets.

Pendraken have been outstanding with their massive expansion of post war AFVs.  No other manufacturer comes close.  Yet, via the forum they remain close to the customer base.  As I read the thread, I see  that Dave has already responded and modified the offending turret in the case of the Chaffee.   

Pendraken customer service ?   +1

kabrank

Sunray

Agreed customer service excellent and flexible

OldenBUA

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 16 November 2018, 01:14:43 AM
Incidentally, a long while back, there seemed to be some progress to stowage pieces...(mainly to fit for Shermans, but thin enough to be cut down and 'personalised' to fit most allied vehicles. I cannot find the thread now but someone seemed to be taking an interest as this stuff could be VERY useful!

Stowage would be nice, but I don't think there has been any progress for a long time.

See http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,6946.60.html
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Sunray

Quote from: OldenBUA on 16 November 2018, 02:45:33 PM
Stowage would be nice, but I don't think there has been any progress for a long time.

See http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,6946.60.html

Good call - I will add my vote to that. Stowage brings an AVF to life.  :)