Crossfire in 10 mm

Started by Robpask, 14 June 2018, 05:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robpask

Hi,
Do anyone play Crossfire using pendraken miniatures?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Roby

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It works brilliantly, especially as there are no ranges

Shout BANG! VERY loudly!
Make sure you either limit your playing area or use lots of terrain, otherwise it will bog down into a stand-off.
Most of all, enjoy a great game.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

steve_holmes_11

I'd imagine 10mm is close to ideal for Crossfire.

+ Can pack a few extra figures onto a standard size base, yet still recognise the soldiers and kit.
+ Vehicles (should you opt to use them) and buildings won't fill the whole bloomin' table (like some larger scales).

Fenton

Its the first game we ever used for 10mm when it was released. Although we used Wargames South tanks and infantry the scale is perfect for the game
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Orcs

Quote from: Fenton on 14 June 2018, 06:55:02 PM
Its the first game we ever used for 10mm when it was released. Although we used Wargames South tanks and infantry the scale is perfect for the game

I never took you for a Heretic
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Fenton

Quote from: Orcs on 14 June 2018, 08:21:28 PM
I never took you for a Heretic

In those olden days there wasn't many other options apart from skytrex's action 200 range
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!