Some more vehicles coming soon!

Started by Leon, 13 June 2018, 10:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've had some more vehicles arrive at Pendraken HQ, so here's a quick preview of them!  These will be going into moulds later this month and released probably sometime in July.

Starting with WWII, we've had some conversions done on the revamped Sherman models to give us the Priest SPG and a useful Jumbo tank:

And then jumping forward a couple of decades, Mart has been busy working on some more items for our Modern Vehicles ranges.  

First up we've got a pair of self-propelled howitzers, both conversions of the US Walker Bulldog chassis.  The first of these is the M44, adding a 155mm howitzer, which whilst it didn't arrive in time for the Korean War, was used by the US, Britain, Italy, Belgium, Greece and Turkey at various points from 1955 through until 1992.

Secondly we've got the M52, this time with a 105mm howitzer.  This one used an enclosed turret instead to provide more protection to it's crew against both conventional and nuclear weapons.  Again, this vehicle was too late for the Korean War but was still used by both the US and Turkey (under the M52T designation).

And finally we've got a French APC in the form of the AMX-VCI.  This was a variant of the AMX-13 light tank produced from 1957 until the AMX-10P came along in 1972.  There were many different versions of this vehicle made including bulldozers, radar surveillance and mortar carriers, but we'll maybe look at those in the future!  For now we've got three options:

- AMX-VTT with turret mounted machine gun
- AMX-VCI 12.7 with .50 cal machine gun
- AMX-VCI M-56 with 20mm cannon

That's it for now, we'll have more previews coming soon!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Those are rather spiffy !

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dave

Just moulded them  :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm in seventh heaven
Dave

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

What this kit screams  :-t for - is early Cold War figures ..    I know Leon, we differ in opinion on this,  and I respect the fact that its your train set.

Perhaps we should host a Forum referendum - who would purchase at least a Platoon (30+ figures)  + APCs of Soviet infantry + plus heavy weapons (say circa late 1960s to line out against Falklands British?  :)

Always good to be aware of the customer demands and sales potential

fsn

15 June 2018, 12:26:38 PM #7 Last Edit: 15 June 2018, 12:32:43 PM by fsn
I'd go company strength (100 or so.)

Plus, think of the proxies!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Quote from: fsn on 15 June 2018, 12:26:38 PM
I'd go company strength (100 or so.)

You are right Nobby - my usual table top is three units of various types elite/regular/conscript each about 30 strong - plus APCs and soft tops. - so say about 100 figures + support weapons - ? say £20 for a company size battle group, plus armour plus APC s about £40 ?

fsn

I think I'd spend more on the vehicles.

100 infantry, say 10 vehicles; 3 troops armour say 10; recce, artillery, AT, command say another 10. That's about 30 vehicles - nearer £120.

But then again, I like tracks.

And before anyone asks, they don't necessarily all get on the table at the same time.   

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Wulf

Quote from: fsn on 15 June 2018, 01:42:44 PM
And before anyone asks, they don't necessarily all get on the table at the same time.   
have a battle around the battalion vehicle park?

I'm having a battle set around a rail line with a derailed train loaded with tanks...

Sunray

Quote from: fsn on 15 June 2018, 01:42:44 PM
I think I'd spend more on the vehicles.

100 infantry, say 10 vehicles; 3 troops armour say 10; recce, artillery, AT, command say another 10. That's about 30 vehicles - nearer £120.

But then again, I like tracks.

And before anyone asks - they are ALL Centurions  :)

Seriously - all good points Nobby.  I tend to throw reccy units in first -classical  "Advance to contact" and then deploy the "Battle Group"

So yes, £120 -who would match that if early (late 1960s/70s and up to two decades before Timecast range  )Soviet infantry were available from Pendraken ?  10 of us and £1,200 gross - its not just the figures, its the vehicles already on the shelf that would be shifting.

fsn

Quote from: Sunray on 15 June 2018, 02:03:20 PM
And before anyone asks - they are ALL Centurions  :)
Sorry, didn't that needed to be said.  :D

Sunray

Quote from: fsn on 15 June 2018, 12:26:38 PM

Ok Nobby, let us put the green lids on and think laterally.

Leon wants the next range to be Arab-Israeli Yom Kippur - we think their might be a demand for 1968 era Soviet infantry.

When you get time source a few images of 1968 Prague Spring Soviets - in helmet (not field caps) and skeleton belt order.

Then source us some Syrian infantry from Yom Kippur

We will invite the forum to compare and contrast.   

My theory is that Yom Kippur Syrians will proxy for 1968 Soviet infantry,

Dr Dave

Arab Israeli 73 Yom Kippur!!!???

Pleeeeeeeease :D

L33 Soltam
Proper ISRAELI jeep. The "CJ" type series.
M5 etc 1/2 tracks
M5 TCM-20

Proper Syrian bridge layers as USED to cross the antitank ditch - nothing scissors: too rare - T55 types MTU-12 and 20.