Painting Competition 2018 - Rules and Info!

Started by Leon, 11 June 2018, 09:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SV52

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Steve J

That's what I thought, but worth checking. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some tanks finished in terms of drybrushing and applying decals. Then time permitting, will take some 'photos for the comp.

fred.

Are TB Line figures allowed to be entered, seeing as they are now Pendraken owned (if not yet produced)?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 29 July 2018, 03:07:53 PM
Are TB Line figures allowed to be entered, seeing as they are now Pendraken owned (if not yet produced)?

I think we can allow that, yep.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Had one more entry, failed to get it done on time! Don't think i'll manage with 1 day left!

Oscarthehound

This is probably a stupid question and I have most probably not read something somewhere or misinterpreted it. Most likely.

However I'll ask anyway.... it says "2. You may enter as many times as you like but each entry is only allowed 2 images".

Now... I have three tanks that I am weighing up here for the Vehicles section- I was looking to pick my best and submit that- but on re-reading the above does it mean that I can enter all three? (A WW1 Gun Carrier/ a modified Conway/ a Centurion Mk1 all on different bases, obviously) .

Cheers

Leon

Quote from: Oscarthehound on 30 July 2018, 02:21:30 PM
This is probably a stupid question and I have most probably not read something somewhere or misinterpreted it. Most likely.

However I'll ask anyway.... it says "2. You may enter as many times as you like but each entry is only allowed 2 images".

Now... I have three tanks that I am weighing up here for the Vehicles section- I was looking to pick my best and submit that- but on re-reading the above does it mean that I can enter all three? (A WW1 Gun Carrier/ a modified Conway/ a Centurion Mk1 all on different bases, obviously) .

Yep, so the Gun Carrier would be entry 1, the Conway would be entry 2, and the Cent would be entry 3.  You're allowed 2 images per entry and if you can make a new post for each entry as well, it makes it easier to keep track of.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Quote from: petercooman on 30 July 2018, 04:17:26 AM
Had one more entry, failed to get it done on time! Don't think i'll manage with 1 day left!

Woops, this one was meant for the discussiin thread, sorry!

fred.

Quote from: Leon on 29 July 2018, 11:51:51 PM
I think we can allow that, yep.

Cool. I'll get some more photos taken then! And the sun has reappeared too, which should make them better.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

Camera battery dead and dull and cloudy this evening. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be better...

Leon

And that's it, thanks to everyone who has entered this year's competition!  The voting threads will be open from 3pm on Wednesday 1st August and will run for 1 week, closing at 3pm on Wednesday 8th.  Everyone will be allowed 3 votes per category so you can choose your 3 favourite entries and winners will be revealed as soon as the voting ends!

Leon

Voting is now open folks so you've got until 3pm on Wednesday 8th August to place your votes!

8)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Same here, Will...... :) 

GENUINELY....I promise.....This has been even harder to sort out than in previous years.....when yours truly, along with 4 or 5 other 'judges'....have had to give 3-2-1 points to what we've 'decided' are the best entrants.

Like I said before.....It sounds so condescending/patronizing.....But it truly does get harder and harder to 'split' all these superb entries.

I take my hat off, to you ALL. (I hate you  ;))...'cos you can paint better than I could decades ago, when I reckoned I was a decent paint dauber.

Plaudits to one and all of you all !

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

I've voted on the 'easy' ones, which were not easy at all. I've left the truly difficult ones until I've got time to through them in detail. This year I think the level of skill on show is exceptional.