Painting Competition 2018 - Rules and Info!

Started by Leon, 11 June 2018, 09:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Awwwww......Will.

It's not as f you haven't painted much in the past twelve months.......Sheesh ! ;)

Cheers - Phil

Gennorm

Where would you categorise a mechanised infantry platoon, i.e. carriers with dismounted passengers?

N

Leon

Quote from: Gennorm on 15 June 2018, 12:44:30 PM
Where would you categorise a mechanised infantry platoon, i.e. carriers with dismounted passengers?

If it was a single base I'd put it in the Open - Single Base category, if it's several bases then probably in the Vehicle category.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

Just to be clear, stuff entered in the Paint Off last year, can be entered in this Painting Comp?

I was just scrolling back through my photos to see what I had painted, and what could be an entry, and realised that the Paint Off was within the date range (i.e. post Feb 2016).
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 19 June 2018, 07:01:04 PM
Just to be clear, stuff entered in the Paint Off last year, can be entered in this Painting Comp?

Yep, anything since the last Painting Comp in Feb 2016.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Remember folks, last year was just a bit of fun.
This year, it's back!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Doing a new model for this one and it is progressing nicely. I think I have most of the major conversion work done, but will see where I am in the morning after I've filed and sanded the putty filler. This is fun and exciting, and it is also dictating what army i will be doing in this years GBnUIT Tournament. As it is a conversion project, I will do a "How I Did It" after the contest is over, but this one is not near the work required on some of the others, but is one that's been in the queue waiting it's turn - this contest just brought it to the top.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Jesus

Jesus

I understand that it would be the movement tray, yes?

Leon

Quote from: Jesus on 22 June 2018, 10:55:41 AM
Is there a prize for the best diorama?

It would depend on what kind of diorama?  If it is a small base then it can go in the 'Single Base' category, or if there are small numbers of figures then you could put it in the 'Foot' or 'Cavalry' categories.  If it is a big base or a lot of figures then it would need to go in the 'Army' category.

8)

Jesus

snake777

Awesome!! This has finally tempted me out from under the rock wherein I have lurked for far too long!!  ;D

Leon

And the 2018 Pendraken Painting Competition is now officially open!  Get your entries in and good luck to everyone!

8)

paulr

Congratulations to the first entrant FSN  :o ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!