Gmail.

Started by Techno, 11 June 2018, 09:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Anyone else having problems with Gmail....Or with the internet in General, today ?

I CANNOT access my gmail a/c (although it worked perfectly very early this morning.).......and even though I can obviously post on the forum......The forum seems to be behaving very oddly, too.

(Everything's REALLY slow, and I've been kicked off twice.

Hope this works THIS time.

Cheers - Stressed of Wales.  >:( >:( >:(

jimduncanuk

Just done everything I normally do with no trouble.

It must be you.

Restart your router.

My Ego forbids a signature.

Techno

Thanks, Jim !!!  :) :) :) :) :) :)

That seems to have done the trick !!

I wonder if it was something to do with a MS update that had me updating and restarting the PC, this morning.

Cheers - Phil

jimduncanuk

Routers are strange and wonderful things and don't always do what they are designed to do.

Think AI and world domination and temporary idiots.

In the good old days when I worked in IT support there was always a demand for 'switch it off and on again'.

My Ego forbids a signature.

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 11 June 2018, 09:28:18 AM
The forum seems to be behaving very oddly, too.

Isn't that normal?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: fsn on 11 June 2018, 10:40:42 AM
Isn't that normal?

Squeak for yourself...

Not noticed any major probs, although the last upd took about 90 mins last week.

ianS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

I've just downloaded an update which 'provides more stability.' As a result my computer is now all over the place, e.g. as I am typing this the words are appearing on the screen about two words back and in a stop-start fashion, so thanks for that El Capitan.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

If it's a new Adobe Flash player update, Andy....That's the one that I'm blaming !!

Cheers - Phil

Smoking gun

MS Windows is a terrible operating system. It's constantly needing updates and the so called improvements lead to more problems. The updates are so badly coded they leave stray bits of code lying around which cause problems.

I changed to a chromebook for home use a few years ago and haven't looked back.

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

Techno

Quote from: Smoking gun on 12 June 2018, 03:22:12 PM
It's constantly needing updates and the so called improvements lead to more problems. The updates are so badly coded they leave stray bits of code lying around which cause problems.
Martin

I'm afraid I'm such a computer 'Numpty' Martin.......I wish 'they'd' leave things alone....I get used to 'how to work things'.....and then 'they change things' and my brain has a complete meltdown.

AAAARGH !...... I'm far too old for this poop. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;) ;) ;)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!