Crusaders (the tanky ones, with guns)

Started by Wulf, 09 June 2018, 12:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

After the upgraded early British Cruisers, any chance of an upgrade to the Crusader types? They look rather squat - on checking, they're spot on in length for 1:160 scale, but about 2mm too wide (which is a lot in 1:160...) Possibly they were the right width until some rather chunky sideskirts were added. I'm not fond of the turret proportions either, especially the Crusader III.

Leon

Probably at some point, but no timescales on it yet.  The revamping process is a bit of domino rally, as soon as we do one vehicle there's another that then needs doing to look right with the first one...!

Quote from: Wulf on 09 June 2018, 12:50:34 PM
They look rather squat - on checking, they're spot on in length for 1:160 scale, but about 2mm too wide (which is a lot in 1:160...)

Considering we use 1:150th for our models, it's probably a bit too small overall!  This is the trouble with having items that are 20+ years old now, they were done by a variety of designers over the years and I don't think they always worked to the right measurements at times.  We're working on getting them all correct but it'll be a long process.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wulf

Quote from: Leon on 09 June 2018, 12:53:57 PM
Considering we use 1:150th for our models, it's probably a bit too small overall! 
I thought it was 1:160... Well, in that case it's exactly the right width but too short!  :D

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!