What does GR168 contain?

Started by stevothedivo, 09 June 2018, 05:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevothedivo

Dear all
setting 10mm forces up for Chain of Command I note a competitor has command groups with personalities for all the various forces.
I'd like to stay with Pendraken far as I can though so what does this and similar packs for the various forces contain?
My project is a company of each faction from which to choose a platoon + as the Lardies rules allow and I've plenty of infantry from other Pendraken projects already. For the command I'd like to spruce it up a bit (I'll also be buying all new guns and other bits and bobs from Pendraken as the ones I have for BkC are already based up.
Here is an example of what GBP4.0 buys me elsewhere, happy to mix and match of course but would like to know what the various Pendraken command groups actually contain

I'll be placing an order soon as I know what command options are available from Pendraken for US, German, Soviet, British and Finns.
Regards
Downunder Steven
Never trust a camel or any other creature that can go without a drink longer than a week.<br />Never drive a car when you're dead - Tom Waits (Telephone Call from Istambul)

Leon

That pack contains 2 map tables with 2 officers and a seated guard carrying an MP40.  The British one is exactly the same and the Russian one is similar but only 5 pieces.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

stevothedivo

Thanks Leon
When I order does i94 decals (ie Minibits) ship from the same location?
Never trust a camel or any other creature that can go without a drink longer than a week.<br />Never drive a car when you're dead - Tom Waits (Telephone Call from Istambul)

Leon

Quote from: stevothedivo on 09 June 2018, 02:32:33 PM
Thanks Leon
When I order does i94 decals (ie Minibits) ship from the same location?

Yep, we're all one company now so the orders will ship out together.  If you've ordered separately through both sites, I'll refund any extra shipping you've paid.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

stevothedivo

Wonderful. The orders are Minibits Order #158 shipping to the same address as Pendraken Order #3675. I sent your Paypal address 2 payments, the first from the Minibits website which charged 5GBP and the second for the Pendraken order MINUS 5 quid - it should be correct and avoid you refunding?
Thank you look forward to receiving my goodies and fielding some Chain of command goodness!

stevothedivo

I'd also suggest a piccie of 2 x Civilians / refugees (6) as they're the only civvies marked as WWII and all the other civilians from various ranges have photos!

Dr Dave

Quote from: stevothedivo on 09 June 2018, 05:03:27 AM
...My project is a company of each faction ... US, German, Soviet, British and Finns.
Regards
Downunder Steven

What is it with using the word faction instead of COUNTRY? Even rule systems have started doing it? Which faction are you from - Australia or New Zealand?  ;)

Faction (noun): a small organized dissenting group within a larger one, especially in politics.

Back to topic - the image you posted is from a very good pack with lots of useful figures - but they are slight and wouldn't mix well with Pendraken on the same base in my view.

Leon

Quote from: stevothedivo on 12 June 2018, 02:21:15 AM
Wonderful. The orders are Minibits Order #158 shipping to the same address as Pendraken Order #3675. I sent your Paypal address 2 payments, the first from the Minibits website which charged 5GBP and the second for the Pendraken order MINUS 5 quid - it should be correct and avoid you refunding?
Thank you look forward to receiving my goodies and fielding some Chain of command goodness!

Thanks for the orders, we've received those and we'll get everything shipped out for you asap.  The PayPal address has changed to leon@pendraken, but I'll sort that out at this end, no worries.

Wulf

Quote from: Dr Dave on 12 June 2018, 08:12:37 AM
Back to topic - the image you posted is from a very good pack with lots of useful figures - but they are slight and wouldn't mix well with Pendraken on the same base in my view.
I have those very minis & they are kind of skinny & short compared to PD, but I mix up figures from 3 or 4 manufacturers just to give a less uniform appearance, and they work that way. The PD minis are the burly front men  :D