Movement near combats

Started by FratmanBootcake, 04 June 2018, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FratmanBootcake

Evening all,

I have a quick question about movement near combats. I know that you can't move closer than 1bw to an enemy with a basic move. What happens when that enemy is locked in combat? Can you move freely as they're essentially tied up?

Also, does restricted move apply to units that are close than 1bw to a unit that is locked in combat?

I'm slowly making Warband a regular feature at our gaming club.

Cheers!

Craig

Chieftain

Hi Craig,

A unit that is Locked in melee is not ignored for the purposes of determining the 1BW distance around it for basic movement, so the stated restrictions apply.

QuoteCan you move freely as they're essentially tied up?

Remember that each unit represents about 300 infantry (or equivalent).  When locked in melee some will certainly be fighting, but others will be in reserve, ready to react.  Therefore, enemy units still have to be wary when moving nearby.

Quotedoes restricted move apply to units that are close than 1bw to a unit that is locked in combat?

Yes.

QuoteI'm slowly making Warband a regular feature at our gaming club.

Excellent!

Any chance of pictures or battle reports?   :)

Official Guru of our Warband rules!

FratmanBootcake

Hey,

Thanks for clearing those questions up!

I'm planning on taking photos and writing up games from now on as we're starting a hex based campaign with the campaign element based on the old Mighty Empires. I'll make sure to post them here!

I'm going to be running Dwarves, the other guy who is 100% in is running Samurai Apes. We'll have free states to provide some other forces. I'm running through the game with another friend who's interested too this weekend.